Another tyre size thread

ZeppoJeff

Why are you suggesting different profiles on the front and back? That's going to look weird as funk.

245/40 and 265/40 would be fine in my non expert opinion but **** Ekona.

:p

that'd work too, but I went for 255/40 and 275/40 as it more closely matched the standard sizes. but yeah, definitely 40 profile on both front and rear, with either a 20mm or 30mm stagger.

in summary, either 245/40 and 265/40, or 255/40 and 275/40.

Ekona and his 35 profile rears is just wrong :p

Except I'm right :p

In fairness, any of the options would be absolutely fine, just depends if you can get the tyres in those sizes or not.

That's because the fronts are taller than the rears, the complete opposite of OEM. If the sidewalls are the same size (like in the sizes we're speaking about), it'll be fine.

Those sizes in the picture are 245/40/18 and 275/35/18.... So pretty much the same as you are suggesting, don't do it Zeppo. I'm out of my depth arguing about this but visually it looks retarded. :lol:

That's because the fronts are taller than the rears, the complete opposite of OEM. If the sidewalls are the same size (like in the sizes we're speaking about), it'll be fine.

Those sizes in the picture are 245/40/18 and 275/35/18.... So pretty much the same as you are suggesting, don't do it Zeppo. I'm out of my depth arguing about this but visually it looks retarded. :lol:

And I bet the TCS wasn't too happy either.

235 on a 9" is absolute minimum and will give you stretch

http://www.brick-yar...topic60146.html

Where is that table from?

Toyo themselves say you can use a 235 on a 9.5" wheel without issue: http://www.toyo.co.uk/tire/pattern/proxes-r888

As such, a 235 on a 9" wheel will be fine. And that's coming from someone who really doesn't do stretch at all!

And all that said, I'm going to bow out here and admit defeat. My knowledge doesn't really go too far into aftermarket stuff, so if the guys above me say you should get something different based on experience then I would listen to them over me. I know when to admit defeat on some things.