airbag light and volume control/selector on the blink!! HELP!!

PKAT

oh dear. PKAT is falling apart finally. Hope not.

Problem 1 - airbag light is on all the time. My local electrics guru have a very quick look and there are no faults. He reset and the light went out. Bon! However the next timne I started her up, not so bon. Light back on again. Clock Spring?

Problem 2. Volume down works, volume up doesn't. Selector down works, selector up doesn't. Squib? Combination switch?

Whatdyathink guys and girls?

Lin :)

Hi Cookie, the reset works when I first turn the ignition on after, but when I do it again, it comes back on. My electrics chappie reset it on his system that he plugged in and it stopped, but second time I turned on the ignition, it started again :(

Mine was the clock spring.

Available 2nd hand on ebay.

My independent garage charged about £100 to supply and fit :thumbs:

He advised caution sourcing myself as if the old one had been "turned" or fiddled with it could be easily damaged.

So if you get one yourself DON'T TWIST OR FIDDLE WITH IT :lol:

Not sure I can help then mate. With mine it was because I'd removed the seats. If you haven't done any tinkering recently then it maybe that there is actually a fault with the air bag somewhere or something etc.

Maybe worth getting it checked out by a garage just to be sure.

Took my PKAT down to the electrics guy today who ran the diag on her, and we have the airbag code come up :( I guess this is not the seat tensioners then, but it is the clock switch.If I use a clock switch from a US model (ie washer/indicators are on opposite sides - will it work?

• 1 month later...

So update. Got a clock switch from Clarks and my local garage fitted. I reset the lights afterwardsa nd all good. Cured hte selector swicth issue too. Only problem now is self cancelling indicators sometimes do... sometimes don't...

• Like 1