Exhaust wanted!!!

J18MNN

Hi All,

Desperately looking for a new exhaust for my Z. My old man has just bought a lovely new AMG and I can't have him driving around in a nicer sounding/ louder car than his yobby son. Ideally I'm looking for a Motordyne TDX2 cause the note is sublime both inside and outside the car (from what I've heard from vids and reviews). I was looking to get it second hand so I don't have to dig too deep into my pockets and was wondering if anyone was looking at selling one?

I'm open to suggestions as well, as I know there are a lot of exhausts out there for the Z and the majority sound nice, Manaflow, TopSpeed, Invidia etc. Does anyone have any exhausts they're trying to sell at the moment? I was also looking at a Cobra sport but after seeing Chris Wilthshire's vid (put a link to it below if you haven't seen it :thumbs: ), I'm pretty sold on the TDX.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

You may be have to patient if you want a 2nd hand TDX, same as the elusive Nismo.

Apart from overly loud (because i am old) i think most 350z exhaust sound good, dont think you could go far wrong with any of the popular brands, Invidia, Milltek, Cobra, Fujitsubo, Scorpion etc etc

I've been after a 2nd hand tdx for a year now with no luck. Missed out on one a few months ago I think it sold within 10/15mins of being listed whilst I was stuck at work.

I'm giving it another couple of months and then just going to settle for a Gemini or ark grip ...

Tom.

Edited by Tomb

Tarmac sell them. Unfortunately they've replaced the $1,665 sign with a £1,665 sign, so they're comically expensive.

It's actually far cheaper to have Motordyne ship one over for ~80 + customs.

He is a business you do know that right?

Tarmac sell them. Unfortunately they've replaced the $1,665 sign with a £1,665 sign, so they're comically expensive.

Course I do, and that makes it worse. They should be able to get the price cheaper than we can as they're buying in bulk. Ship them cheaper, and VAT free, being a business.

So why the vastly inflated price? It's a clear rip off when I can buy one unit and import it cheaper than a UK supplier.

Too many parts suppliers run the same scam in this country, replacing the $ with the £ and sit there with a straight face like it's totally legit. Plain greed.

Edited by Juggalo

Thanks for the info guys. Pretty depressing to hear though aha! As tempting as it is to just buy one new, don't think I can quantify paying that much for some noise.

Like I said, I'm pretty open to suggestions. Is there anything that's even close to this note? I just want it to be louder. I looked at the japspeed K1, but heard some horror stories regarding fitment.

Any ideas? And where to buy from?

Thanks Again.

Jake

Course I do, and that makes it worse. They should be able to get the price cheaper than we can as they're buying in bulk. Ship them cheaper, and VAT free, being a business.

So why the vastly inflated price? It's a clear rip off when I can buy one unit and import it cheaper than a UK supplier.

Too many parts suppliers run the same scam in this country, replacing the $ with the £ and sit there with a straight face like it's totally legit. Plain greed.

Before you post things like this I think it might be worthwhile if you were to contact Motordyne and find out the actual price on the TDX system with shipping to the UK and then work out the cost of VAT and Duty and admin fee (yes we have to pay this).

I know Wasso worked it out as he was talking direct to Motordyne but ordered it with me as it was cheaper

Think you would be quite surprised, and no we don't buy those in bulk.

We are working on ways to make this system cheaper but it's all down to logistics as the box is huge for the TDX

Unfortunately we do have to make some profit to stay in business and to cover any issues that may arise such as damage/warranty etc.

Apologies for that :(

• Like 1