First ever ring lap

Jimmyflo

Some footage from April this year, my first ever trip to the ring. Excuse the camera falling off for a few seconds and my brothers co driving. 10.16 first lap :) did a 10.00 flat on my second but can't get the footage up third lap was looking like a 9.00 or so going by the split times but I boiled my brake fluid half way round :(

Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Brilliant weather and you made good progress. ;)

Bit of a bugger the camera fell off though, ...cheap eBay suction cup mount? or is it a decent one that just wasn't fitted properly?

I've a genuine GoPro one that I use with my GoPro and it's fantastic (highly recommend it if you haven't one). B):thumbs:

Cheers mate, yeah I felt the confidence building as the day went on until my brakes went, luckily I was only doing 120 on some of the sweeping bends so I managed to knock enoug speed off using the engine and what was left of the brakes. Shame really as I was getting confident in the car, I lost a lot of confidence when I binned my s2000 at 120 a few years ago, let's say I'm lucky to be here!

It was the proper go pro mount, I don't think it was on properly to be honest.

Cheers mate, yeah I felt the confidence building as the day went on until my brakes went, luckily I was only doing 120 on some of the sweeping bends so I managed to knock enoug speed off using the engine and what was left of the brakes. Shame really as I was getting confident in the car, I lost a lot of confidence when I binned my s2000 at 120 a few years ago, let's say I'm lucky to be here!

It was the proper go pro mount, I don't think it was on properly to be honest.

Sorry to read you had a high speed accident but don't take it as you lost confidence, ...more gained experience as to what can go wrong.

None of us that go on track days are really doing it for anything more than just a bit of fun so why push beyond our limits although obviously it is fun to get as close to the limit as possible. :drive1;)

When you mount the GoPro mount on your windscreen make sure you keep it off the little black dots near the rear view mirror. That's where I went wrong before & it came unstuck just like yours did. Luckily when it happened to me I was just testing it on public roads so it was no bother but it could be a different story if it happened on track especially if the camera fell under your brake pedal.

Edited by GMballistic

Thanks guys, I have a cobra non res y pipe back and jwt pop charger. Not sure what fluid it was to be honest, it was in the car when I bought it. It was ok for a full day at brands but two straight laps of the ring were too much :( I'm running some ebc racing stuff now that I bought in Germany. Wish I could get the other vid up as it is much better (until the brakes go). I will have to get on to my brother to upload it. Watch the vids on his YouTube of his integra to see how it should be done ;) lol

Edited by Jimmyflo
  • Like 1