Latest Zed Update

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Just thought I would post the latest update regarding my zed.

As some of you know I have been experiencing a few issues with my zed. I am getting vibration coming through the steering wheel, pedals and gear stick. You can feel the excess vibration even when the car is stationary and just idling and it feels down on performance when under load.

I have to date taken it to two garages and both have taken the car out for a drive. Of course, because they don't drive my zed as often as me, they can't compare what the car was like to how it is now. They have both said that they can feel the vibration but as far as they are concerned it's not an issue at this time. So their advice is to carry on driving it until something more noticeable happens, which will hopefully enable them to pinpoint exactly where the problem is. That's fine, but my main concern is that continuing to drive it around might risk the problem getting worse and by the time something does go wrong, it might have caused more damage and will cost me a lot more money to repair. Both have suggested that it might be the DMF, in which case is continuing to drive the car the wisest move anyway as I don't want that giving out and possibly damaging other parts in the process.

I have also called Ross at Dragon Performance as another forum member suggested. He advised that I first find a local garage with a rolling road and get them to give it a run on that to see how it is performing. It has been on a rolling road before, but again with there being a problem with my zed at the moment, I'm worried about the risk of causing further damage by giving it a run on a rolling road.

I just wish the garages I took it too didn't just rely on taking it for a drive to find the problem. I'm no expert, but there is a lot more vibration in the cabin than usual, so I thought that maybe something underneath the car might have come loose or was worn. But neither garage seemed interested in putting the car on a ramp and checking to see if there were any loose linkages, worn bearings, etc.

So right now, I am driving my zed, but certainly not enjoying it, waiting for something to go wrong.

Sorry Ross wasnt able to assist, but if you described the problem as being loss of power, his suggestion wasnt too bad an idea, hook it up to a dyno and see what it is making.

So onwards and upwards. I took my car to Horsham developments yesterday and long story short, my secondary in line fuel pump for the supercharger was intermittent, I had no option but to leave the car there and get the train home, not easy from newbury to poole, first had to go further away from home to reading and then two more changes, 4 hours later back home for what should have been a 1.5 hour drive, so my day was 10 hrs in total, oh yeah and still got to get back there.

It was an absolute pain in the ass, but, small price to pay to get it sorted with someone who knows their onions, get it booked in with Horsham, suffer the inconvenience and enjoy your Zed again imho.