350z Key Fob

AmyZed

Hey

Unsure if this is the correct place for this post... sorry if it isn't..

When I bought my Zed she only had one Key Fob with a key on.

I thought the battery was going on my keyfob so I took it to Timpsons who replaced the batt for me.

I get back to Zed and again it takes 10 plus times to open and lock her, sometimes more frustratingly.

So I go back to Timpsons, they check the buttons- they tell me the buttons are fine. They check the fobs signal strength and tell me its so weak they cant read it on their machine. They clean my key fob too inside - no joy.

Nissan gave me the part number and quoted me £359.99 !! For another key fob .. i dont even know if that includes them programming it to my Zed!

does anyone have any suggestions as where else I can get another key fob for my Zed, and how I get it programmed? ideally I'd liek it all kept the same as the other key fob !?

Amy

Programming the key fob (lock/unlock) to you zed is simple (ish) and you can do it yourself --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15223-re-programming-the-key-fobs/ , Maybe worth trying this first if this will fix your problem.

You can get a blank fob (used) from Ebay, get the blade cut by a local locksmiths cheap ish. But you'll need someone to program the immobiliser (which can be costly). You can try your local Nissan (which you mentioned its £360 for complete key) but ask them to quote just to program the immobiliser only. I had my immobiliser cloned in Malaysia (took my key with me whilst i'm back home visiting my parents, without my zed) and it works when try it on my zed back in UK. Cost me £20 and took him 20 minutes or so.

Sorry, didn't help much but hope this give you some idea how to get around it from a different angle.

thanks guys i will look into those suggestions... cant believe how hard it is !

my Dad bought me a key fob on amazon and thinks there are videos of how to program it, but i am nervous about that- think i'll need a professional so i dont mess up my immobiliser or anything!