**SOLD** - DC Sports S/S cat back exhaust system

letank87

I have a DC Sports stainless steel exhaust system for sale, 12 months old, covered less than 6k miles.

Great chance to get one of the best exhaust systems available for the zed at half the new price! Just ask anyone who has one, whether they'd have a Nismo instead B)

22092007962.jpg

22092007963.jpg

£425 - collection from Northampton due to size. (will fit in the zed by the way!)

I like mine....... I must take some good sound clips to post up. I only have ones done in an echoey bit on my driveway when my mates and I were drinking..... the car did not move. I am not THAT irresponsible!

I like mine....... I must take some good sound clips to post up. I only have ones done in an echoey bit on my driveway when my mates and I were drinking..... the car did not move. I am not THAT irresponsible!

Just being in the car with the keys is classed as drink driving ;)

which is the best sounding exhaust for the Z?

A bit like saying "who's the world's fittest woman?" - everyone will have their own subjective favourite. The NISMO seems to be universally popular and a quality piece of kit but this DC sounds lovely and I doubt you'd be disappointed. :)

which is the best sounding exhaust for the Z?

A bit like saying "who's the world's fittest woman?" - everyone will have their own subjective favourite. The NISMO seems to be universally popular and a quality piece of kit but this DC sounds lovely and I doubt you'd be disappointed. :)

Beat ya :p

Word from the NVH guys at work is that the Nismo is very boomy on motorways and for that reason, they weren't too keen on it. Aparantly the DC is much less boomy and more raspy???

No doubt in my mind that the Nismo is a nicer looking system and because it's Nismo (ie Nissan) it will be the choice of many people. However, the DC is a true dual system whereas the Nismo is very similar in design to the standard system. Therfore, you get a lot more for your money with the DC!

To answer some of the PM's I have recieved, can I just clarify that yes I did buy this exhaust a few months ago on eBay for £350 + £85 P&P (£435).

I am not trying to rip anybody off with this sale, all I want is my money back! Besides, you will also notice that before I bought the exhaust, I let everybody else on here know about the eBay listing, so everybody had the same chance to buy it as I did! Since I have had the exhaust, I have also spent a good few hours polishing it to it's current condition!!!

£425 is still a great buy for someone, it does annoy me when I get offered less money purely because of what I have paid. When I bought the exhaust at that price my intention was to fit to my car and sell for a little less than when I sold my car. As I have had to sell my car sooner than expected, is it unreasonable to ask for my money back, especially when it was a bargain to begin with??? I don't think so!

I do apologise if I've come across a little strong, I just want to stress my point. The exhaust is for sale at a very reasonable £425. If anybody want's it, that is the price. I'm not a Sengalese watch seller operating in Tenerife, if I was I would have advertised it for £800 to begin with ;)

do all the gaskets come with it ? does it route differently to an oem exhaust ? does it need extra brackets ? or is it a straight swop ?

:thumbs:

oh yeah... as stated in your original ebay thread by everyone - it was bargain when you bought it, so it obviously a bargain now your selling it, people will obviously make offers regardless unless you stated "no offers" i dont think anyone could suggest you are trying to rip anyone off :thumbs:

did you ever fit it mate ? do all the gaskets come with it ?

No never fitted it, and I'm gutted (rusty bloody bolts)! I could have fitted it but I decided not to risk it in the end incase the bolts did break on the old system and then I'd have a lot of messing around to get the old system back on the car when it was time to sell. As that time came around much quick than planned, the decision was made kind of easy. :blush: Only reason I didn't sell sooner was that I hoped having it might appeal to someone wanting to buy my zed, but no one has really paid any interest in it!

Yep, comes with gaskets and bolts!

What you paid for it is irrelevant. If others didn't have your acumen to purchase a bargain then more fool them. £425 is an absolute steal for this zorst. For the record I paid £500 for a second hand Nismo off a member on here.

I wouldn't let it go for a penny less than £425 :thumbs:

Agreed. Somebody buy it. It is pretty raspy but in a good way... I like it anyway, it's not bad on motorways and sounds good with my V+ plenum and JWT.

Here is the vid I was on about earlier. It was taken inbetween playing poker, drinking beer and setting up my home cinema (hence the dB meter)

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/stewart-83/?action=view&current=CIMG1108.flv

By the way it isn't black smoke - just a poor transfer and yes, that is snow on the ground!

Agreed. Somebody buy it. It is pretty raspy but in a good way... I like it anyway, it's not bad on motorways and sounds good with my V+ plenum and JWT.

Here is the vid I was on about earlier. It was taken inbetween playing poker, drinking beer and setting up my home cinema (hence the dB meter)

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/stewart-83/?action=view&current=CIMG1108.flv

By the way it isn't black smoke - just a poor transfer and yes, that is snow on the ground!

What language are you talking in that video? :surrender::p