Gone but not forgotten

Bems

So after a little over 3 years of ownership today was the day I said goodbye to my cherrished zed. A growing family & a growing DIY to do list meant it was the sensible time to sell as I wasn't getting the time to enjoy her.

The good news is that She's to stay within the forum as Jay Kay travelled up from just outside London to Aberdeen today to pick her up. It wasn't the best weather for him today but he seemed very happy with her nonetheless! Hopefully his 9odd hour drive home goes pain free. It's been an absolute pleasure to own such a lovely car & hopefully later on in life I can own something similar but for now priorities lie elsewhere.

I was very sad to watch her drive off but she's in safe hands with Jamie. I'll be checking up on her progress on a regular basis as I will continue to use this forum which is by far the best I have come accros in recent years.

A little goodbye pic I took on my phone

image_1.jpg

Edited by Bems
  • Like 3

Looks a nice example. I'm at that time where my son is 18 and my daughter isn't far behind,as you say other things in life take priority but it's not forever and you will indeed return later on in something equally as good.

The only reason I picked up a Z was purely down to the fact the mortgage is reasonable now and the need for two practical affordable cars isn't there anymore. I certainly couldn't have bought one new due to similar priorities at the time.Before settling down and starting a family I ran new cars all the time due to having lots of disposable income, now I buy used cars I always wanted years ago thus saving money but still enjoying my hobby as a petrolhead.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

It comes to most of us that are bringing up young families I'm afraid.

Priorities change and finances are needed elsewhere.

I've come out the other end as an old codger an am on my 2nd wind at the mo!! :D

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I have indeed bought this little beauty - after what felt like months and texts and messages and most likely driving Bems mad while I waited to get up to Scotland. The journey home took a bit longer than expected due to bad weather, numerous crashes around the south of Scotland and then when I finally thought I was on the last leg, at around midnight, the M6 was shutdown causing a detour around the Midlands. There was numerous sets of roadworks to get through too and I think of the 535 miles I did that afternoon/evening to get her home, at least 60 to 70 of them were stuck in 50mph average speed areas with no actual works being done to the road. Helped my mpg I guess.

Anyway, all is well and I made it home by 1.45am. By 9am, she was covered in snow foam and a good clean ensued. She's as good as new once again I'm pleased to say! Must also add that as I was by myself, the Bose took a bashing the whole way home and CD skipping was minimal, which was a pleasant surprise after all I've heard about them.

Once I work out how to upload photos I'll add a comment in the introduction page and I'm looking forward to being a part of the Zed community.

Cheers Bems for everything and for keeping her so well, she's a credit to you. Good luck to you and your family with number 2

Jamie

• Like 1