stueys polished rims

stuey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well if you want my advice, the way to do it is like this. and i have no idea where to get this stuff but it is out there, i get it from work :)

use oil, like wd40 spray, then use different grades of paper, like 1000grit, working up to the likes of 3600, depends how bad the polished parts are, i usually use 2400 with oil then 3600, then use an abrasive polish to remove the fine scratches left by the paper, then use finer and finer polishes til its like a mirror.

i'm going to do some work to the wheels i bought from liam's z, so i'll take some pics.

theres no short cuts to it really, hard work!

if the rim is damaged, i'd take it to the local wheel refurb place and have them weld and repair the damaged part then polish them up as per normal.

Problem i'm having is when you mention the words "split" and "rim" to anyone that refurbs wheels they all seem like they just won't touch split rims of any kind :rant:

I'm thinking about getting the blitz wheels all painted even the lips when i have the refurbed but don't know what colour to get them done :surrender:

www.wheelrefurbishing.com

They're happy to and top quality. Zedrush has used them too IIRC. :thumbs:

Will only do them if i take them apart and put them back together again was what they told me when i rang them mate.

First I've heard of that! :wacko:

Even if you take the car there for the day??

If so, am sure there will be others along with suggestions....

Didn't ask about taking the car there for the day mate but as soon as i mentioned they were 3 piece split rims he said straight away that i would have to build them up and dismantle them myself.

The only guys i have found are here:

http://www.alloywheelrepairs.net

Only small problem is you need to arrange to get the wheels delivered and collected your self.