Cage Rage

Dan

:lol: Yeh need to cut about 6kg out to lean perfect, i put on a half a stone in a month after holiday cos winter months can retain lol :scare: Will shred up by Feb :thumbs: Just scared of losing power though, but half a stone shouldnt be too bad, good thing is I look a lot heavier than my weight class so should be good :thumbs:

That guy who quit in the second was shattered, looks like he should of done more cardio or was it due to something else?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy who quit in the second was shattered, looks like he should of done more cardio or was it due to something else?

Definitely steroids mate, no question. Cardiovascular effeciency goes out the window and the heart struggles to provide enough oxygen to the muscles. I would even go as far to guess the sauce he was using as it was most likely Trenbolone. Very good for strength and size gains but very bad for cardio and endurance. He should have known better in this sport, or was probably hoping it would be over in the first round.

Definitely steroids mate, no question. Cardiovascular effeciency goes out the window and the heart struggles to provide enough oxygen to the muscles. I would even go as far to guess the sauce he was using as it was most likely Trenbolone. Very good for strength and size gains but very bad for cardio and endurance. He should have known better in this sport, or was probably hoping it would be over in the first round.

Yeh he didnt seem to do alot in the first either though and if anyone was going to give up I though would of been the other guy :scare: Goes to show in this game, perhaps best to keep it natural :thumbs:

Yeah no offence jay but i think you should lose alittle. Theres certainly nothing wrong with your size but i can see it hampering your speed and movement too much. Like Dan says you need to find a balance, you dont need to lose too much but i think you'll benefit (fighting wise) if you do. 6-8kg's maybe about right. I may not be a good fighter (although i recon i could kick your arse :lol:) but i know what i see.

I'm like Dan, i really enjoy watching the sport, so cant wait to see a friend in there doing the business. This year Wembley next year Las Vegas! :lol:

When do you find out who you will be fighting? Maybe worth doing some research on him maybe?

Dan - you bringing another bird? How many have you got on the go??? :lol:

Any in there early twenties for me :teeth:

Oh yeah and that guy who didnt last the 2nd round just didnt seem right, you couldnt half tell he was on something. Stupid in my eyes hoping for a quick knockout. Thats no way to prepare.

Lol on the case now, i had my body fat measured last night and its at 14.5% so i guess if I come down to 10% should be okay, although I will get more lactic acid build up which worries me, my muscle mass doesnt seem to hinder my speed, but this is the heaviest Ive been in a long while, 15.5 stones, so may shrink myself to 14.8 to make the light heavyweights. :thumbs:

When i train people I never want them to be completly ripped, Brett was as cut Id want anyone to be, as found lactic acid build up is immense and could bring on cramps quick.

Hope alot of you come to my fight be great for the support, all my crazy nit mates will be there too. Just dreading no sex for six weeks before the fight :dry:

Possibility I might get Epstein the beast to fight, hope I do :yahoo:

Yeh that guy who quit in the second was stupid :wacko:

That would be a good idea. you really want to be at the top of the class weight so if you can get yourself to 14.8 without overdoing it then id go for that. You'll know after your first fight how you felt you got on with your weight.

There'll be no latic acid build up if you knock him out in the first round mate!! :teeth:

Dont worry about it too much unless your fighting someone who has a wrestling background or your planning on taking him to the floor. Whats your main art background? how do you usually fight or planning on fighting? Are you going to change your style slightly depending on who you fight?

When will you know for definate who'll you'll be fighting?

Cant htink of anymore questions. i'll let you know if i do though :lol: sorry!

Really cant wait to watch you mate. Def got my support. :thumbs:

That would be a good idea. you really want to be at the top of the class weight so if you can get yourself to 14.8 without overdoing it then id go for that. You'll know after your first fight how you felt you got on with your weight.

There'll be no latic acid build up if you knock him out in the first round mate!! :teeth:

Dont worry about it too much unless your fighting someone who has a wrestling background or your planning on taking him to the floor. Whats your main art background? how do you usually fight or planning on fighting? Are you going to change your style slightly depending on who you fight?

Cant htink of anymore questions. i'll let you know if i do though :lol: sorry!

Are you fighting him? ;)

How are the classes J? What I mean is, are the light heavyweights significantly tougher class than the heavyweights for example? Its no good you busting your balls to get down into a lighter class only for it to be much tougher opposition.

I'm sure as with most sports that the boys that really know what they're doing know who is going to be in which weight category and also know who is likely to either bulk up or cut down to drop/gain a class.

What you doing diet wise? You look after that yourself or what?

You'll know better than us buddy :thumbs:

Defo make sure my name is on that ticket list lad!!!!!

Yeh looks like it is set up, Ive been wanting to knock him out for a while lol. :lol:;) (kidding) My natural weight is 14.5 so shouldnt be a problem, its holding that weight all year round I find difficult so over winter times I normally put on half a stone then cut up nearer summer time. I was concerned of my weight at the moment, but with my body fat only being 14.5% its not that bad and can still see my abs, but yeh definatly wanna shrink a little as submissions when you are bigger are easier to put on and I definatly dont wanna tap to a submission.

My background is Karate, Thai boxing, boxing and Greco roman wrestling. I trained at Oscar De la hoyas boxing camp two years ago, and also done a few Shamrock classes in the states. Came second in the National Sambo tournament and got 7 wins by KO in thai so doing okay :thumbs:

For Diet I guess Ill have to measure everything I eat, to get to the weight, its only just under a stone, but running should do it, as my chest and arms are way to big, and I dont want to go down the bodybuilder route :headhurt:

Light heavy is good for me, its a quick pace yet strong:

Here is an idea of the speed and power lightheavyweight fight at cage rage:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... borg_sport

This is a very famous fight they both will be in my weight :thumbs: Cyborg here is at 10% body fat B)

Cant think of anymore questions. i'll let you know if i do though :lol: sorry!

Are you fighting him? ;)

Nah, wouldnt be much of a contest id Annihilate him :boxing::teeth:

:blush: dont hit me..!! :p

Yeh he didnt seem to do alot in the first either though

Dunno about that, he was on the floor grappling with a 136kg guy so high intensity ie lots of power being used for 5 minutes, thats what killed his breathing because he wasn't fit enough to sustain that level of output.

Re weight classes, in Powerlifting the guys always aim to be at the top of the lightest weight class they can make which makes the weight classes extremely competitive. For example you get 115kg lifters hitting the 110kg weigh in and so the lifts end up very very close to the next weight class up. It's only at the top weight class, 110kg plus that you see a big difference in the lifts because you get 150kg monsters competing against guys who just missed the 110kg weight.

It's worth bearing in mind that you would have a big speed advantage over a heavier fighter and would only struggle if it went to the floor.

P.S. For the record I intend to find a local MMA club get back into this sport.

I've already planned my entry which will be me dressed in an old dressing gown, pipe and slippers and pushed to ringside in a wheelchair by Amanda dressed in her naughty nurse outfit LOL.

I'll then stand and disrobe at ringside and reveal my chiselled 40 year old with all my own teeth 19 stone physique which is fueled by Guinness and KFC to the tune of Hot Chocolate I Believe in Miracles cos that what I'll bloody need.

And on a positive note the wheelchair will be right there for when I get my ass handed to me :blush:

I've already planned my entry which will be me dressed in an old dressing gown, pipe and slippers and pushed to ringside in a wheelchair by Amanda dressed in her naughty nurse outfit LOL.

I'll then stand and disrobe at ringside and reveal my chiselled 40 year old with all my own teeth 19 stone physique which is fueled by Guinness and KFC to the tune of Hot Chocolate I Believe in Miracles cos that what I'll bloody need.

And on a positive note the wheelchair will be right there for when I get my ass handed to me :blush:

lol :lol: You idiot!!

No seriously go for it. You know whats involved and it'll be good for your overall fitness . You dont need to compete do you. That King Kong entrance that guy did (Watson?) was sooo funny i was like :scare: WTF!

Yours will be better though :lol:

:lol::lol: You still got my corner? :thumbs:

it'll be good for your overall fitness

LOL yeah a few broken ribs, dislocated jaw and a black eye lol fit as a butchers Dog :yahoo:

I am very competitive but I would only step in the ring if I could make a fair account of myself. So probably not for a while yet. I've only done Go Shin Kempo Ju Jitsu and these guys seem to have very mixed backgrounds so there will be big holes in my knowledge and I'm not sure that 8 years on the doors would make up for that. Throwing a group of drunks out of a club does not prepare you to stand toe to toe with a trained fighter, and thankfully I do realise that ;)