Real carbon or dipped kick plates

Mikevv

Hi guys, as per the title, I'm after some real carbon or dipped kick plates.

My local place ( Wicked Coatings in Poole ) want to charge me £144 to dip just the kick plates.

I thought that was a rip off so I didn't bother calling them back.

I googled carbon kickplates and found these:

http://www.cqout.com...0z-Z33/12292090

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Carbon-Door-Sill-SET-UK-Seller-Top-Quality-/291320890647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d4140517#rpdCntId

Has anyone experienced any of their products or something similar?

I figured for £80 they can't be great, but also I'd have to pay postage and probably import taxes.

But my logic here is why pay £144 for fake, painted sills, when the real McCoy is about the same.

If anyone has any real or dipped kick plates please let me know, I'm interested :)

EDIT : added links to 2 products I am considering - PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT AND GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS :D

Edited by Mikevv

Been toying with getting mine done but I want the Silver Zed to remain

Have you tried Aquagraphix for a quote ? Forum traders just drop them a PM do outstanding work

Been toying with getting mine done but I want the Silver Zed to remain

Have you tried Aquagraphix for a quote ? Forum traders just drop them a PM do outstanding work

I got a quote for the interior trim which worked out fairly reasonable, £40 a piece basically. This was only for the door trims ( the grab handle aluminium trim thingy , and the 2 trim pieces that hold the window/mirror controls )

My issue was the distance and shipping. I figured go for a local, then I can pop in and check the quality before I say I'm happy and take the parts home. The money I save on postage I spend on fuel so it's neither here or there, but I get peace of mind, and to drive the Z more ;)

A place called Wicked Coatings was recommended on the forum, so I'm popping down tomorrow just to see what they can really do and see what they charge for the interior trims.

You can get the silver Z to stay surely? Just melt the back pin thingies, then get it dipped, and put like plastic putty stuff/super glue etc. It won't move much due to the location so that should hold.

My other idea was to call it quits and just sell the 2 sets of normal black plastic and get the aluminium ones :teeth:

Right people, this thread is now irrelevant. I've decided to bite the bullet and dip stuff. They charged £240 for the silver trim around the gearstick, the door trims, grab handle and kick plates. Saw the other parts they'd done, and they are seriously high quality. Payment on collection, so if they aren't good enough I don't pay :3

We shall see what it's like in about a week, I'll post pictures :3

I have a set of aluminium ones that I may well sell and put the dipped originals back on

I can't comment on others work but Aquagraphix are very good

316AB1D4-5AD7-402B-B91D-1FE0F768416F_zpsfe0tjgxg.jpg

Okay I can't get them back in for the life of me. The clips just don't want to go in, I can't got them close enough into the cabin so to speak. Can't go from above cause the rubber seal is too fat, and at an angle there is the obvious issue of it not clipping in. How did you guys get them back in? I don't want to damage the clips as I'm selling my spare set soon. Figured I'd use the cheap spares to practice fitting before I use my expensive dipped ones!

Any help would be appreciated.

Okay I can't get them back in for the life of me. The clips just don't want to go in, I can't got them close enough into the cabin so to speak. Can't go from above cause the rubber seal is too fat, and at an angle there is the obvious issue of it not clipping in. How did you guys get them back in? I don't want to damage the clips as I'm selling my spare set soon. Figured I'd use the cheap spares to practice fitting before I use my expensive dipped ones!

Any help would be appreciated.

Remove the long plastic curved moulding that holds the rubber seal first, then pull the rubber seal off, then attach the kick-plate. Re-fit seal and moulding - job done.

David

• 2 weeks later...