tyre wear down centre on rears - STILL!!!!

KUGT4

Try using a different pressure gauge, and/or run them at a lower PSI.

Excessive wear over the centres can only be caused by over inflation, or possibly excessive toe but that's unlikely on the rears. Is wear excessive, or is it actually fairly even across the centre 3/4? Most people suffer with wear on the outside edges due to running aggressive camber, so you might find yours are actually wearing quite nicely.

• Like 1

Friend of mine went to a fast fit place and they put the wider rear tyres on the narrower front rims and visa versa, ha said the car drove s#it until it was noticed and swapped back. I remember being told that if you put on a tyre that is too wide for the wheel it will pull the sides in and bows out the centre of the tread pattern? Have you checked the wheel and tyre combinations?

I had exactly this problem with rainsport 3 on the rears. Completely flat evenly over the middle with loads of tread at the edges. Have now put on nokian zline and dropped the pressure from 35 to 30ish psi so hope i will get more than 6k out of them. Will probably stop doing screechy wheel spin starts too

• Like 1