Nissan Fairlady 350Z Auto, 11,000 Miles

Thanks guys.

I’m really enjoying driving the car.

It’s responsive, steers well, and corners flat without body roll.

A bit too responsive at low speeds and throttle openings at first, with my right lead foot more used to operating a cable throttle and it’s return spring for many years.

After some initial tests in my retro Puma trainers, that has now been sorted with some Sparco kart boots. :-)

• Like 2

Awesome car! I thought my 16k mile 53 plate was low miles! Mine is a UK car so not so clean underneath but was under sealed at birth :)

I paid a little less than you, but close enough. Worth it for a blank canvas in my view. They still need parts renewing as age is a factor, but they do feel like almost new...

It stops my elbow from hitting the auto gearbox mode switch, and unexpectedly turning on Snow mode.

Ooh, I need to see that - I'm forever knocking mine out of sport! - I don't notice for a while, then start thinking - Hmmm what's up with my car? - oh, yeah . click! :D

Smart idea! ;)

The pad is nothing special, just 10mm medium density foam cut to shape, covered in black goatskin leather and glued onto the console, but it works and stops my elbow hitting the button

I'll try and get a photo for you so you can get the idea.

In the meantime, if your arms are the same length as mine, you may notice your elbow lines up with the button when the gear lever is at the back of the gate.

that's drive position for my auto, and I'd guess 4th gear if manual JDM cars have the button?

In Sport mode, does the car just hold onto the gears to higher revs?

For me, normal mode is oversensitive up to 1/8 throttle openings, but then has a lot of throttle pedal travel if I accelerate up to speed joining a motorway,

especially if you have to follow someone on the slip road doing 35 to 40mph.

So, as yet I haven't tried Sport mode.

• Like 1

The pad is nothing special, just 10mm medium density foam cut to shape, covered in black goatskin leather and glued onto the console, but it works and stops my elbow hitting the button

I'll try and get a photo for you so you can get the idea.

In the meantime, if your arms are the same length as mine, you may notice your elbow lines up with the button when the gear lever is at the back of the gate.

that's drive position for my auto, and I'd guess 4th gear if manual JDM cars have the button?

In Sport mode, does the car just hold onto the gears to higher revs?

For me, normal mode is oversensitive up to 1/8 throttle openings, but then has a lot of throttle pedal travel if I accelerate up to speed joining a motorway,

especially if you have to follow someone on the slip road doing 35 to 40mph.

So, as yet I haven't tried Sport mode.

Mine is a JDM Auto too mate ... I pretty much have it on power the whole time (unless I knock it out with my elbow) - She is much more responsive throughout the range, kick down more responsive & yes, holds gear longer too.

the only time I have her in normal is about town / sitting in traffic etc

I don't suffer with it being oversensitive to be honest, nor notice the pedal travel being anything other than normal!? ... might be worth jumping in someone elses to see if it's the same.

Sorry for late reply, missed your response - like the pad idea, thanks for the pic... almost certainly going to copy the idea! :lol: