Which antifreeze?

veeg33

I had my zed in Nissan dealership last year for both antifreeze and brake fluid change. I'm assuming they use OEM recommended antifreeze Nissan L250 or similar (greenish blue or blueish green). Was giving me zed a clean and checked the coolant level, it needs a top up. Since only halfords are open at this hour, I drop in to buy however on their recommend sheet, for my zed, I should get the OAT antifreeze, upon inspection the fluid was red in colour. Did a quick search, as below

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/44746-coolant-antifreeze-explained/

Colour seems to be an identification for different manufacturers and not really it's specifications (IAT or OAT).

Before I do any damage to my zed, thought I better check before mixing them as it explained in the link above, it's deadly! :scare:

So my question: Is the Nissan OEM antifreeze (greenish blue) IAT or OAT?

Your experience and help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Veegee

Can't you dilute it slightly for a few days, with water to get the "proper" stuff you want? Thanks for reminding me I need to top up my fluids!!

I suppose one can do that if needed. Lucky for me, my zed's fluid level is not too bad and I usually cycle to work and Nissan dealership is less than 10mins walk away from work. Will get a bottle tomorrow.