How bad are the rust issues?

geg1992

Put a deposit down and should be picking up a 55 350z on Wednesday.

I've read horror stories about rust and this is my main concern. I inspected the usual places and there were no signs of rust at all. However, at the very top of the suspension where it connects to the body, there was surface rust there. I was told not to worry about this by my mechanic friend.

I plan on owning the car for 2 years then selling it to help fund my deposit so I really can't afford for rust to be an issue! I know you can under seal then, where can I get this done and how often does t need to be re done? I think it's been done already.

Thanks!

Rust is usually only an issue if you are in a salt water atmosphere, so location is key.

That is why you find all the jap imports are totally rust free.

If you are concerned about certain areas on the car, then just scrub down with a wire brush and apply some body shutz by brush or aerosol.

• Like 1

My cars 2006 and there isn't any rust anywhere that I can find. I'm sure there's surface rust under the car somwhere, all cars get it.

One place I notice is vulnerable is the rear arches. they have a lip on the arch which nicely collects crud. So make sure you clean that out with a hose and your fingers. Should be good.

Surprised they didn't put a liner in those arches really.

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 1