Rev issue after spacer

plebpl

Hi Guys,

I fitted the complete motodyne plenum spacer to my car, after fitting it when I accelerate and take my foot of the gas the revs stay where they are and sometimes rise slightly for a few seconds before dropping like normal. The idle is fine and consistent, If I put the car under load there is a slight pshhh sound coming near the intake (is this normal after a spacer install?)

Basically the car feels fine just the annoying rev issue, any ideas?

Hi Alex,

I have done the peddle dance and it does appear to be better, im still a bit worried about the sound though, when I listen to the engine bay whilst someone else revs it does appear to be coming straight from the cone so I don't think its a leak somewhere. Did you have a change in noise when fitting a spacer?

Popcharger, Aha, let me rephrase the question, do you know if anyone else has noise after installing, To be fair it almost sounds like a turbo so I wouldn't say I don't like it. I only really hear it under high load,

C'mon all you plenum spacer and pop charger gurus, help this guy out and answer his question. :lol:

We all know that a pop charger will lose you power and increase induction noise, however I do not think that is what he is asking. :)