Jump to content

Ekona

Members
  • Posts

    30,962
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ekona

  1. The Admiral Group have dropped their premiums this year by a substantial margin to get more trade, hence the reason they're substantially cheaper than everyone else. Mine's only £930, and that includes putting Jo (who's just 22!) on their as a named driver as well.
  2. Not really. The cost of removing the injectors, then sending them off, then getting them cleaned, then putting them back... Not worth it IMHO, especially as you'll have to find another 6 injectors to use in the meantime. Definitely worth doing if you've got a set that have been sitting around for a while or have ordered from a company where that could be true, then at least you'll know they're immaculate before putting them in. On a daily driver I'd just chuck a bottle of injector cleaner in once a year for peace of mind, along with a can of 10K Boost.
  3. Not personally but I know people who have. Well worth doing if you're making a build for power as you want to make sure everything is spot-on before you put it all together.
  4. Shame about the lights really, I think they distract from what is otherwise a stunning piece of motoring furniture. I'd love to build something like this myself one day, I just need a living room big enough to do it justice fist though sadly.
  5. Fairy Power Spray is my secret weapon when it comes to getting sticky stuff off
  6. 10K Boost is amazing stuff, but it's not strictly an engine additive. I've used the Redex injector cleaner and the like, never had any issues.
  7. Wow. Just... Wow.
  8. There will be a considerable amount more lag, trust me. Great for a straight line, not so good for the twisties. Just fit some kind of splash guard around the turbo and you'll be fine if you're that worried about it. Cats run just as hot as a turbo and there's no issue with them getting splashed, much like the rest of the exhaust system.
  9. The turbo itself will more than likely run cooler as it's further from the engine. The biggest issue with them is the horrendous amount of lag you add to the system, and having felt the difference removing just 500mm from the intake system makes on a turbo, that's not a particularly appealing thought. Each to their own though, if you want easy straight line power then go for OT, although I can't see it being much cheaper to give reliable power than a standard system.
  10. I very much doubt it, but I'll go in with an open mind. The S will have to be screwed together a lot better than the early launch car I sat in to be worth the money though.
  11. Don't panic just yet, it's not until next Saturday (19th)! I'm on in the morning so it's a 9am start I think.
×
×
  • Create New...