Jump to content

shire350Z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    4,374
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shire350Z

  1. When you have the gearbox out if the shaft is loose that goes into the flywheel that's when you know the bearing needs replacing and if your doing that one while the box is apartyou might as well do the rest! Your as well having a new clutch release bearing there as if it is that then you can get it swapped straight away. If you leave it, it could just cause the gearbox to sease up and damage more parts, so best getting it looked at
  2. can we use my car as a demo tim
  3. if thats your thing chris
  4. So you'v got my rear end on show have you!
  5. 1) Envy Valeting (Tim) 2) SpursMadDave 3) glrnet 4) Ekona 5) Ekona +1 6) Shire
  6. might go do some cleaning tommorrow looking at them pics now
  7. called in at the garage tonight how i found her!! With a few of her bits hanging out With it all on show Never looked into the cabin this way before
  8. why whose a millionaire you know someone else with gearbox problems
  9. All the bearings are being swapped the rest of the box is ok! Price wise gearbox fix is going to be around £500/600 so could be worse just got fitting costs then
  10. The gears have always been very smooth with no crunching whatsoever one of the reasons it was a big shock when i got the phonecall!! When the car's is running and in neutral in made what can only be called a loose rattling noise, the garage did say it would probally be either the clutch release bearing or gearbox. Unfortunatly for me it was the gearbox, still not heard from the guys who are stripping it down but told them to do what needs doing so hoping its just the bearing and the rest is ok!
  11. Cheers buddy all donations welcome
  12. Definatly will be a costly excercise! All those bloody mods i could have bought with the money
  13. Well just clicked onto 70 thousand miles sad day as that is and the car went into the garge for which we thought (or was hoping) was just a clutch release bearing! But with the gearbox it was only to see that the main bearing had failed So then came the decision wether or not to swap the box for a second ahnd one which i may be lucky and get a good one or end up with a bad egg so iv gone down the reconditioning route, as im not planning on selling the car and while the box is in bits all the bearings are being swapped to be on the safe side as the Zed's getting old now at 6 and a half just hope iv no problems with the gearing set or syncro's!! The gearbox's is with a specialist now and by tommorrow ill know the full extent of the damage so fingers crossed its not to bad or i might have to cancel Wales , good job i didnt buy your wheels now muddy Thanks to Alex and Lee also
  14. No he could.nt I Had first dibs on that and would have def had it
  15. I think there is a fair few selling up Not that bloody many
  16. Well its looking a quiet one this september, wheres all you guys from may?!
  17. Def proper carbon overlay buddy,I'd spray it black first to just incase it doesn't fit perfect I wouldn't do the wrap mine looks cheap and yeah how the bloody he'll did you get it on the ferry?
  18. Stunning carbon roof would look awesome to Paul with the yellow
  19. Looks Paul, looking forward to see the finished article! I'm not going to have to push this one am I
  20. I'd be nice craig but I doubt it there'll be plenty of looking zeds you'll prob win again with yours near standard
  21. Do they have any awards on the Saturday martin or are they left just for the sunday?
  22. I have the same set up as you matey but I have the ferrodo ds2500 and they still 'clunk' but work great so I'm not to worried
  23. Nice one mate I'll get one of those got problems with mine at the moment won't even turn on
  24. Mine's also done this for a while since I had ferodo pads fitted brakes have never been affected just bloody annoying though
  25. I agree with you mark just glad I didnt paint it orange or that would have really made It look crap Had a great day to guys and thanks for stopping and helping take down the gazebo and flags
×
×
  • Create New...