Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. I will be going to Aberdeen on Wednesday and then be coming home after two weeks. Anyone having parts transported can arrange to get them after the 19th or collect in person at LakeZ.
  2. If youb want to stick 54.182208,-2.976866 into google maps it will give you an indication of the space.
  3. There isnt as much room for camping as at the Heaves Hotel so please let me know who will be camping so I can make sure there is enough room. The long range forecast looks very promising.
  4. I know a forum where these may sell very quickly. http://zclub.net/
  5. I'd be up for that. Of the car that is, I am not desperate enough to resort to blackmail.
  6. I am negotiating a deal at the moment and he is keen to do some night shots.
  7. Anyone fancy a nice pic of their car. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Automotive-Photography-by-Damian-Hock/300567240010231?id=300567240010231&sk=photos_stream
  8. Nice one, this should be a very impressive stand.
  9. As I now work in Aberdeen and get around a bit I would be happy to help out with delivery between you and Cumbria.
  10. Its all in the detail mate.
  11. Thats pretty much why I look at someones profile, also usually do it when approving posts.
  12. Thats the last bit of prep underway, new windows and a full paint job for the pub.
  13. Come on guys, lets get good numbers for this. I think we are up to about 30 cars now.
  14. Thanks guys, having a busy day today. Just been up to the local services to pick up a box of Midge memorabilia from one of his crew. This afternoon I am going to see a mates band playing and then its chill time at the pub. Wont be drinking much as the bookies have all my money.
  15. Wow, that went quick Mick.
  16. So to summarise, you asked Mike, he took the time when on holiday to pm you back and said post it and one of the team would look at it. Someone looked at it and didnt approve it because it broke the rules. So your only gripe is that we didnt send you a pm saying why we hadnt approved it. If you had read the rules you would already know.
  17. I also agree that the spoiler looks very good, its not easy to get the right one for a roadster.
  18. Very nice. Where are the top two taken.
  19. So you would have approved it? And even if you didn't I'm sure you would of replied to me telling me why it hadn't been approved? I took the time to put a case forward, all I wanted was the same courtesy back.
  20. As he is presently abroad on holiday he may have less time at the moment. I wouldnt have approved it anyway if it were me for the same reason I have now posted several times.
  21. Apart from being a mod on here I also have other forums to sort out. We also spend a lot of time organising events, sorting out tickets and chasing up any problems which member have. The rules have been evolved and tweaked over many years. They are there to protect the members and make it easy for us to work out if a post is approved.I would be more inclined to accept your point if you were arguing that the rules were wrong but I think your 4 months experience on here is probably less than the teams as most of us have been her for 6 years.
  22. In your case it was straightforward, you didnt meet the criteria clearly posted in the section. Most people have the courtesy to contact the team prior to posting. If I had to pm everyone who had a post rejected I would be asking for a wage rise.
  23. That's open to your opinion though, the same way I think the rules are unfair I've just got to 'suck it up' and get on with it. It's not a one way street. Not really, the reason we have the rules is it makes it fair for all. You would be amazed at how many people ask to be a special case. If we think the request has merit we discuss it before breaking our own rules.
  24. And just for the record having a pop at "Admin" is unfair, any of the mods can approve or dissapprove a post too.
  25. I assume you can work out why the rules are in place, its not rocket science. Assuming you understand why they are there why do you think you would be any different to the many other people who pm us asking to sell when they dont meet the criteria.
×
×
  • Create New...