Jump to content

Mikevv

Members
  • Posts

    1,069
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikevv

  1. I quite liked this look tbh, and not a fan of the Neo Chrome look, sorry bud My brother jokingly said go crazy and showed me these... I sorta dig it, but I'm not quite ballsy enough to pull them off outside of Need For Speed/Forza EDIT - DIDN'T ADD THE PICTURES - OOPS!!!! ADDED NOW
  2. Hey guys, I'm hopefully getting my Rays refurbed next week, the previous owner seems to have used them for rulers to see how close he can grind them against the curb before he feels it . Anyways, I'm stuck on colours. I'm thinking either Anthracite/Shadow chrome sort of look, or a bronze in like a TE37 style - I toyed with crazy DARK purples but thought it was a bit much to be honest and nobody liked it eventually talking me out of it. My car is black, and STOCK ride height, without spacers. Here are some pics of the sort of styles I like, ignoring the fact ones an Evo with different wheels - I just like the colour! Not sure if one of you fancy computer wizards can photoshop the car to be black, or maybe easier the wheel colour onto a black Z? After that, what about my nuts? Can anyone recommend me some Bronze coloured nuts to match the Brembo's or at least close to it? Not familiar with brands and whatnot, only recently finding out that some don't fit the weird holes for the rays??? #NEWB http://i28.photobuck...0828_161258.jpg http://i771.photobuc...0406_150211.jpg http://i.imgur.com/DMtQQZel.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rFiL1Q6l.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lXKa8Oll.jpg
  3. Useful thread, although now I'm stuck between a gold/bronze and a dark anthracite type colour. Dark purple, almost black might be a cool idea, but worried it'll look odd against a black 350
  4. Never seen it on Rays before, ...doesn't mean it wouldn't look good though just that nobody else has tried it yet AFAIK. Would be good imo. Bmw Sepang Bronze DAMN YOU, I was trying to persuade myself I don't want odd coloured wheels, but now I want something like this again. I think they'd look great on an Ebisu 350!!! Thanks for the idea
  5. Just to warn you, this is a public forum, I'd suggest removing the phone number :/ Also what about prices? Facelift or pre facelift? Location? Pick up on post?
  6. Im 21 and only have 1 years ncb, been driving for 2 years and had my license for nearly 4. Was a named driver on my first car and long story short they wouldn't take it as a year ncb cause I wasnr the main driver, despite them telling me I would. Any ways. With 1 years NCB I pay about £150 a month to insure my Z which is £12 more than my first car cost me. But as a 2nd driver I can't get insured on someones Z without paying double that :/ He may have to have his own separate policy
  7. My thinking is MX5s can be had for cheap with less than 70k miles all day long, be almost bulletproof with cheap as chips spares. Had an E46 318i and it was stupid prices for parts, and insurance is barely any less than the 350z due to my age. So that's another side to it, having to live with it off the track. Sorry I was vague, it's been a long day for me :/
  8. Welcome I see yet another person with Linea Corse LC818 wheels, good taste
  9. I was nowhere near totalling my car grundy, but thanks. I wanted a track car first to get familiar with in my own time and get tuition to get the basics down first before taking my pride and joy out. I'll be pi**ed putting an mx5 in the wall, but a Z at 3 times the price, I think I'd just run infront of a train
  10. I was looking for a cheap RX7 shell, and found this. I quite liked it, if it was just orange, less extreme kit and NO STUPID CAMBER it wouldn't be a bad track slag Almost considered buying it, then remembered I'd have body work to fix and no working bits -.- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-MAZDA-RX7-FD3-ROLLING-SHELL-PROJECT-DRIFT-GTR-EVO-SKYLINE-ETC-/221891777295?hash=item33a9c7d30f
  11. Hi guys. I recently had an eye opening experience - I AM NOT THE STIG! I was driving like a bit of a **** in the rain in the Z, and got it wrong. My brain immediately went for the brake ( wrong I know ) and I spun her a full 180. Terrifying. Despite what I thought I'd be able to fix, due to my near 2000 hours of Forza training, it turns out I am in fact, a newb. So this got me thinking, maybe I should invest in a toy, beat the @*!# out of it on the track and experience something new at the same time. My budget being low, cause it's just for a toy and some training, about £2000. My first though immediately was an MX5, but then I had a look around for more power, and then returned to MX5 haha. I was pleasantly surprised with what you can find for that sort of money, for what I would call a fun in the sun car I know its not as manly as a Z, or power, or anything special really, but if its fun and good enough for a good 75% of car reviewers, it's worth a try right? I listed the best 3 options relatively close to me that I would consider buying, they have niggles, but for a cheap fun car who cares. Have a look at the links below, and let me know which you'd go for and why. I'm in no position to buy at the moment, just keeping an eye out here and there, but apart from the LSD, what sort of options should I be aiming for? I plan on stripping the entire interior out, only keeping the seats so I can take the gf for a blast here n there. How far can I strip it before it won't be MOT-able ? thinking maybe tear out the dash, but then I lose airbags. A lot to consider really, I can't really mod it as I'm a young driver and insurance likes to go in dry as it is so the only real option is sticky tyres, maybe bigger brakes, and strip weight. This one is the highest spec, but as you can see, has quite a rust issue. http://goo.gl/guCMcF This one seems to be the best buy, but damn that colour is weird - might be worth overlooking though!! http://goo.gl/qzQ7W3 This last one has the worst paint but I can probably buy a cheap replacement part and hope for the best, the low miler is whats tempting me here and it has a hard top which I'd like http://goo.gl/YovUXr So guys, which would you buy, and why? Also are there any Mx5 owners out here? remember seeing a post for a guy who bought one for his wife as a toy, but can't find it!
  12. Gunmetal/graphite/anthracite Whatever you wanna call it hahaha
  13. I f-ing hate vandals. If you are jealous of someone's nice stuff then work harder and get one yourself. Personally if I see a nice car I'm more likely to take a pic and park my car faaaar away so I don't damage it. Sorry to hear it mate, I hope you can get it fixed without too much fuss - we'll all gladly help punish the bastards when we find em!
  14. Can I ask how much you had it reprofiled by? I'm not sure how much fatter to make mine I'm stuck between 2mm and 3mm, I'm not sure if 2mm is enough Basically want a copy of yours but with red Now do I want a flat bottom or not.... or flat top AND bottom.... ARGH DECISIONS!!!
  15. Damn nice to say the least! Not feeling the alcantara colour but otherwise gimme
  16. Hi guys, I was on my way to work just a minute ago and hit a stick in the road It was round a corner so I had nowhere to go, cars on the other side of the road, so had to try and hit it square on. I slowed down as much as I could but it somehow has flicked up and left a nasty mark across my rear quarter. I'm just wondering what sorta price it would be to get this fixed? It's gone right down to the base metal by the looks of it ( its hard to see at 10:30 pm ) Made two marks, one deep one and the weird mark going through the deeper one. like it snapped and two things hit my car? Would I be better off buying a touch up kit and just living with the mark disguised, or is it worth getting it professionally done? Sorry for the dirty car and crap picture, I'm at work.
  17. I'd love your biggest kit, will you take all the cash in my wallet for it? A whopping £15,22 and I might have some gummy bears lying around somewhere.... hahaha
  18. I had a look for a Cosworth one, and it came up with this shape, even after checking it is for the correct SINGLE intake , they both have the same image. http://goo.gl/uA15Nq However from what I saw in my car and online the stock OEM one is rectangular like this https://goo.gl/l30Q6R Will this make a difference? Sorry this is my first car where I've actually given a damn about what I put in it
  19. No offence mate, but I'd rather walk than drive that.
  20. Yeah been googling it, seems like shifter plate and heat shields imo. I didn't really get a chance to test drive it, got there so late they pretty much threw the keys at me n locked up as I left. Driving home from work today confirmed shifter plate for me, as it's mostly rattling in 5th and 6th
  21. Not yet, gonna fit a plenum spacer and an exhaust first
  22. I was thinking like that, either a CAT, or some form of HGV Found some crappy eBay ones for like £5 hahaha who cares, it's just for looks right? Althought, bragging rights that my "CAI adds up to 15 bhp to my lamp" could be a laugh
  23. I'm jealous of your build thread She looks great
  24. Hi guys, as some of you may know, I'm trying to make an old 5.0 litre Mercedes v8 crankshaft into a bedside lamp to match the table I've already made. And I Can always use it for giving the burglar a headache, if I can lift the damned thing in time So far I'm using an old Subaru DBA brake disc kindly donated by Clark Motorsport ( all I needed to do was pay postage ) as a base, then trying to figure out some weird bracket to mount them together, and lastly I was thinking of using some form of air filter as a lamp shade Sort of like this http://beforeitsnews...3af905172ae.jpg My only issue is I have no idea how to get a big ass air filter like that, or if the light inside will simply cook it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or are there other unusual coloured ones? Red isn't my thing as I'm sure it will fade to pink with the light Blue or green would look cool in my opinion, but then again, take this from a guy who wears 3/4s all year round Cheers guys, let me know what you think too!!!
  25. Hi guys, I was cleaning under my bonnet earlier, had a peak inside the air box.... my filter is about 1/4 full of crap and bent in a few places. Figured I'd buy a new one for the hell of it. Can anyone recommend any decent filters? All I can find are "Blueprint" for like £7 and something seems off about them to me. I don't really want to spend above £30 as quite frankly I just need it to filter well, not give me 150+ bhp I've seen a Pipercross branded filter, but not sure if anyone on here runs them? Let me know with alternatives if you have any, I have no idea what brand is in my car at the moment, but probably just a bog standard one knowing the guy I got it from - no bad thing, but I like to upgrade when things break
×
×
  • Create New...