Jump to content

ricochet

Members
  • Posts

    92
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ricochet

  1. Current measurements look OK, unless somebody can spot something ?? regards jcZsuspension2.pdf
  2. Great News!! Sorted using BluePrint drop links. the knocking /clonking that has been there for ages has gone, I can't say how much more enjoyable the Z is now. off for a 4-wheel alignment check on Thursday. So now I have two brand new bushes which were pressed out of the new banana arms ( replaced by the existing SuperPro bushes) and the seemingly not faulty existing banana arm ( minus its super Pro bushes). Thanks for all help guys, the moral is : check the easiest / cheapest first , hindsight is wonderful.
  3. I have had intermittent trouble with mine , but I couldn't figure out how to get it off the seat , seemed very close to the centre console. jc.
  4. Classic Car Show Dream Rides in Hall 5 Friday- treated myself to a ride with Gary in his LHD ltd edn modern Camaro. Slightly breathed on ---700bhp+ enjoyable run with someone who knows his newly acquired car (previously he ran a supercharged Holden) jc.
  5. Sadly spacers only worked for a time, so I have to keep cancelling the EML. I did leave it on for a while but someone on here pointed out that there could be another fault going undetected.
  6. Drop links on order, apparently when disconnected noise was certainly reduced. no sign of slack in top mounts. Will let you know. Thanks for replying , its good to know people are so helpful. JC
  7. Thanks for that suggestion , will try asap. .....cheers JC
  8. They are new arms (moog) with the super pro bushes transferred from the old arms .it wouldn't be these bushes would it? Drop links do not seem to have any movement in them, but in the large scheme of things not to expensive , what might be next to look at ? Glen the mechanic is experienced and a former racer and cannot see anything obvious, thanks for the reply JC
  9. Worth a visit if you are within 100 miles. PLUG ...If you do go please visit Sporting Bears' 'DREAM RIDES' stand. Passenger rides in a variety of tasty/interesting cars with owners who are just as much petrol heads as we are . All for a donation to childrens charities , the drivers take no expenses whatever. Enjoy yourself and help underprivileged kids. see you there JC
  10. Oh Dear!, banana arms replaced with the super pro bushes carefully transferred in the same alignment, and its still clonking/knocking, What can it be? jc
  11. Thanks for the comments guys , appreciated. Car is not lowered (afaik) but has 15mm spacers. The coloured depictions are good aren't they? More understandable at a glance than +/- numbers. so when the arms are replaced , and hopefully the caster adj bushes are transferred some adjustments should bring things back into spec.. front toe should be sortable. Camber is on the very edge of spec, and I have seen 1'30" rec on here for road use,.. I believe there is adjustment on the rears , if it isn't seized that would sort the rear toe , and then I won't be driving in a big circle!! just as a matter of interest is it possible to work out how big that circle is? jc.
  12. So I've eventually bought two arms from TarmacSportz and will take Z end of next week for sorting out . just for reference I had 4wheel alignment carried out , result should be attached. I think I understand the significance of some of the figures but I would appreciate observations/comments from those who know more than me, thanks jc Zsuspension.pdf
  13. Good Meet, thaks Davey
×
×
  • Create New...