Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I think mine was an HKS, it sort of went 'paw tsh tsh tsh tshhhhh'
  2. Boost...then the BOV as you ease up and change gear. Pure theater mate
  3. You might want to lock it around 7am tomorrow...!
  4. I would agree, although in games like we have had in the tournament so far he barely gets the chance to speak with the rest of the team - I think he does the morale boosting job without that armband.
  5. Did you say you stuck her on the the dyno and checked engine health? Would certainly be checking that out before pushing that RB engine further.
  6. There are players in the England team that are passionate, Rooney and Hart are absolute troopers, but rest of the team seems to be playing with fear of failure. On personalities, watched a match earlier in the season and Harry Redknapp made a really good point that younger players coming through just seem a bit detached from the world and lack leadership/interpersonal skills as he put it 'they sit on the team bus for 4 hours on the way to the hotel with these massive headphones on or constantly messing around with Twitter' and I think he has a point, camaraderie seems a bit lacking in the England team.
  7. Well all the nonsense from both sides is pretty much done. All gets underway proper tomorrow, will have to vote on the way home from work but still voting stay. Just no credibility to the Leave side to convince me to risk what I currently have. Sorry Leave campaign, I am In.
  8. IDS is a good politician, and he pulls from the deal what he wants to justify his decision. He jumped based on one issue, but he is entitled to. However he isn't stating the exact truth, which is why I don't find newspaper articles like this much use as they will always be looking to justify his decision. Looking at the actual document, we haven't agreed to anything in writing in terms of veto, the only reference is paragraph three here on page 14 http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-1-2016-INIT/en/pdf#page=14 where we agreed to limit integration for those outside the Euro. There is nothing written in this document that states we have rescinded our right to veto. Interestingly there are some great wins for Cameron in the document such as here http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-1-2016-INIT/en/pdf#page=15 where we are not responsible in future for EU Euro member bail outs for instance. I am not a Cameron fan, I think he could be tougher, but what do people feel about him, Boris or Corbyn being capable of negotiating all our future trade deals if you feel right now they are not capable of negotiating anything?
  9. Good mod and surprisingly easy!
  10. Checking the latest odds have swung slightly back towards Leave but still edging it to Remain. Also checking with Nat Cen on their polling, has Remain at 53% Reason I look there is that they are experimenting with a revised approach to polling, where the research industry had to have a review of political polling after the general election fail, they have improved their approach, so likely to be more accurate...you would think.
  11. No cant see that happening personally. What I can see however is Remaining winning by a slight margin and the EU taking this a sign to take the absolute **** because this will have legitimized alot of their plans; fast-track Turkey, EU army, fee hike maybe? push the Euro currency perhaps? Who knows! Time will tell I guess, I hope I'm wrong! It will test the EU if we remain on their 'commitments' we negotiated earlier in the year. Unfortunately this is going to end badly in any case. Its looking so close that the losing side is going to say that the difference isn't significant enough to say the people have really spoken and gone significantly one way or the other. I can however see a new Scottish referendum on the UK and an easy win for Out if we do vote to leave the EU though.
  12. Yeah but pens makes it seem like he was unlucky, rather than incompetent they would probably offer him another two years!
  13. You are also putting off people with poor eyesight...or even good eyesight mate
  14. Wheels will make a huge difference, dish does look good on these also.
  15. Mate of mine is in a predictors league at his office, not only did he get the result correct i.e. which team would win or draw for each of the first ten games, he got the score correct for 8 out of the 10. I can only imagine what odds he might have gotten...
  16. Austria and Hungary to win, then England get Austria in the next round...and when we get beaten 1-0 we can finally get shot of Roy
  17. No great leaps of progress were ever made taking the safe option the bigger the risk often the bigger the reward. how would i know i like Vietnamese food if i hadn't taken a leap, the Manhattan project would never have got off the ground if people took the safe option, Columbus would never have found america, and Raleigh would never have brought us back the potato. nelson would never have beaten the french. people would still be walking if someone hadn't taken the risk of getting on a horse. trains would still be doing 15mph if someone hadn't taken the risk of going faster. to vote purely on the safe option because you're worried about the outcome is a shame, staying in europe is like buying tickets for the titanic after its hit the iceberg. Bigger the risk, the bigger potentially the reward but also the bigger chance of failure. I am not averse to risk, but with Columbus sailing off into the distance he potentially was going to find a whole new world and people. Which has been my argument from the start, the potential benefits have to outweigh the risk which of all the stuff I have seen and read just doesn't come close. ...and you would have just ordered something else if you didn't like Vietnamese food I am sure
  18. If immigration continues at the rate it is we will never get number plates off the front of cars
  19. If bikes can get away with it why not cars, equality!
  20. Would it surprise you to learn that immigration as an index against a countries population 'per head' is higher in Norway and Switzerland? Even though they are outside the EU. It feels like a strong emotive issue, but economically the numbers just do not stack up. Unemployment is at its lowest rate since pre-crash so that assumption that immigration is causing employment issues doesn't work for me. What is concern for me around employment is periods of recession and uncertainty, thats what really causes job issues. When we see reductions in foreign investment or companies trimming the wage bill to survive through economic recessions. If we left the EU and say knocked 100,000 off the net immigration count (so a reduction of 30%) that could easily be offset and then consumed if we enter into a number of years recession again whilst we try and sort out our trading future with Europe.
  21. I started off as very open minded, I didn't vehemently start one way or the other, we are as a country 'In' at the moment and personally I am doing fine, happy in my job, family etc. Its up to the Leave campaign to convince me that its in my interests to vote Leave. I want them to position it in a way that I can see clear benefits that offset the clear issues of doing so. I haven't been convinced enough that its worth it, there is still time though, although remains to be seen what the tactics will be over the last couple of days.
  22. Vote stay for best of the best Also do you think you're getting the best out of your health service? I don't think so. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Leave campaign has already stated that this huge sum of money we will save when we leave will go towards the NHS, increasing annual spend by nearly 4%. Question back, do you believe this will make a significant difference to the health care you receive? I believe the quality of the care with increase, the waiting times reduced, and the pure fact we won't have doctors or nurses striking is probably the biggest factor! If you look at the reports on Stafford hospital where there has been numours deaths I believe the funding will stop this. A hospital is where you go to get better! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Any sensible business person will tell you that a cash increase of 4% will not suddenly create huge changes in your business. 4% will not be sufficient to open dozens of hospitals and staff and spec them out, sorry, but thats just not going to happen. 4% is better than 0% mate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No denying that of course. Whether the rest of the economy remains in status quo though is debatable. It could improve as some Leave people claim, but it could also worsen which would wipe out that 4% very quickly. This is the risk assessment I am weighing up really - I am still sitting in the In camp, but could well be swayed last minute if I see something positive from the Leave camp. I was waiting for their plan to appear on their site and was disappointed, was hoping it would be something I could take on board and consider.
  23. Yeah but the cars would look so much better...much more important
  24. Yeah unlikely to happen but have signed!
  25. Don't, just..don't. What little credibility you had is flushed with that statement. The EU was established in 1985 and 1986 on the signing of Schengen and the SEA. What came before it was acceptable. What came after it, was most definitely not. Nobody in the this country consented to those two land mark agreements. The EU. Little credibility? So all the issues I bring to the debate, which to be quite frank many people were unaware of prior to this are not credible, your rantings, with little factual basis apart from your own formed opinion make you the most credible voice in the room? Listen mate, I am not going to rise to ranting, happy to discuss numbers and economic approaches but not paranoia around immigration.
×
×
  • Create New...