Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Stage 1 which was Marks suggestion.
  2. If i am not careful the rear kicks out to the right when giving to much welly in 2nd. 3 times over the last few days. doesn't help the right rear tyre is 100 miles new? It states in the review that the characteristics are OEM but with more power, so to answer your question, yes it will still break away. Thenoname
  3. I thought it was a bit jerky at 1st, as though it was on a leash. Someone I knew mentioned rocket man and Abbey Motorsport so I dropped them an email. 3 weeks later l had a Milltek cat back exhaust, decats, and an uprev. The difference was unbelievable in so much that the car was smooth and you could really feel the power difference. Another 6 weeks and it was back to Abbey for a GTM Supercharger. I don't look to achieve more power now, because I know that what I have under the hood will always be exciting. Would I do it all again? You bet I would. thenoname
  4. Is oil and bed techno talk for "Fall apart"?
  5. I am having a thick moment Anders. What does that mean?
  6. A couple of guys have mentioned Sam dragging his heels but I kept out of the politics. Time was the one thing I had on my side. I do know that if l were in a position in the future to get a 370, I would ask Abbey to put this one back as it was and transfer the S/C over. I would never race the car so l don't really need to up the anti. Plus any money thrown at her is dead as the build is more expensive than what l will get for the car if l sold it. Although I am sure Abbey could get more BHP out of my car if they wanted. race headers, lighter pulleys and all that kind of stuff. The car only has 14,000 miles on the clock so plenty of life in her yet. It is true what someone else said on this Forum. Once you start spending it often becomes an obsession. Thenoname
  7. Well I'm stuffed then. I went from OEM to 275/35/18 Rear 245/35/18 front And 20mm spacers all round. She does sit nice though:)
  8. Is he talking about what i think he's talking about!!
  9. I shall bring it along to tha Ace cafe meet. has anyone else had one fitted yet? Thenoname
  10. It was exposed as a load of Cod on both Top gear and 5th over the years. It's a shame that we can't have a bot that picks out terms and words, and kills them dead B4 some poor sucker goes and wastes their money on these nasty scams. plus I don't have to cast my eyes on it lol:)
  11. That electric thing that goes into the airtake pick up (if it's the same one for about £30). Personnaly l just can't see it being that simple, and more like a rip off. Very simular to those nagnetic fuel savers that bombard the fuel with positive or nagative atoms or something. can anyone actually put there hand on there hart and say they work? change the exhaust, change the filters and get an uprev. I did and was amazed at the difference. thenoname
  12. I can assure you that your not raising my anger at all. But you do seem to be having more problems than most. Incidently what was the BHP of the Corvette?
  13. Can I suggest you contact a specialist insurance company? All this poncing about jumping to the Insurers tune seems a pain in the butt to me. Give SKY insurance a call (On here) and just tell them all the details about the car. It's simples:)
  14. ha ha, it's just that I ran out of ideas. Those 18" Rays on Ebay with a start price of £440. I guarantee they will not sell at that price due to fact that no one has any money this time of year. I very recently bought a set off Abbey as back ups for £250 so I would try your luck and be a bit cheeky and message the guy. Tell him that your are really interested it the wheels but your funds just wont stretch that far and make an offer of what you could afford. It really depends on the tyres but I think he has Bridgestone on the front and Budget on the back. So you would have to get the rears changed. As of 11:15am this morning they are still there. They are worth £80 to me, not forgetting they could need refurbishing. Abbey have a guy they use and is as good as anyone l have ever used. Thenoname
  15. Ebay 350z non Rays Item number: 350532637120 Ebay 350z Rays Item number: 230744875909 I think you'll find that between the Forum members and Abbey Motors we have done all the investigative work for you. Up to you from now on:) Peter
  16. I told you they would help you out:) Peter (Thenoname)
  17. It all depends where you go. A group of us use RSR tyres and Wheels in Coulsdon and give them so much buisness we can get them at a bargan price. Plus I found them very knowledgeble and extreamly obliging. For example Lexus wanted £1700 for the LS 600 tyres. RSR charged £1000 plus a free geometary test. On my Zed the 050A 18/35/275's Stones at the back were £200 plus vat each and free fitting and balancing And the fronts 050A 18/35/245's were £170 plus Vat etc. You need to do your home work and be prepared to play on words and have bags of confidence. Know exactly what you want and what ever price they 1st give you, tell them that you have already been quoted XYZ less than that down the road. And be prepared to walk if the need arises. Use this recession to your advantage whist it is here. Another tip is to have a buisness card saying you are in the trade. And always send your friends and family down there and make sure you do the negociating. I am not telling you anything different to what the majority of members on here will say. I bet they all have there own ways of getting the best tyre for the cheapest price. But don't go for the 050A's stones if you are on a budget. They are l believe one of the most expensive tyres out there, and noisy to boot. If I were buying 4 x new ones I would go for a softer tyre. Give Scott at Abbey a ring and he will email over what he considers the best 2 names in tyres for your Z. thenoname
  18. It's something I have never really entertained until last week when i was searching for some new tyres for a Lexus 600 Hybrid. Due to the weight of the car plus the 438 BHP the tyres I believe have reinforced sidewalls. Or thats what Lexus recon. As I wasn't paying l did not argue. The best people to ask are usually the tyre fitters. They have most options and specs on their PC. We could go on forever but at the end of the day each person has there own preferance. I on the other hand have not found a tyre that I like.
  19. It's something I would never have thought of myself. But just goes to re-enforce how useful these forums can be:) thenoname
  20. The trouble is as we all know times are hard, and most will follow what's in there wallet rather than buy new.
  21. 928,924,Panamera, Cayenne & I am sure there is another one, but the 911 was/is notorious for back sway.
  22. I just sold a complete set of tyres plus an extra front. the 3 fronts were new as in less than 100 miles each and the rears had done 800 miles. All 5 were 050 stones and i put them up on Ebay for £100 each or if a member of the forum £400. Some guy drove up from South Wales and took the lot. Personally I would only buy new tyres but not everyone has the money. there are some good deals to be had if you look. thenoname
  23. My mate had exactly the same problem on his Ferrari 355 with 050's. bridgestone will find any excuse not to refund. think they were about 8 months old.
  24. I may be wrong but if you look in the user Manual or on here somewhere it says that only a certain percentage of power is delivered in the 1st few gears? I am sure one of the others will point you to the facts and figures! Thenoname
  25. Well certainly not a main dealer. I don't mind paying so long as I get the service. But now I am putting all my eggs in one basket and letting Abbey look after the car. Because I don't trust any one else:) Plus they have a toilet that is always empty waiting for me and endless cups of coffee:) One a serious side, I think it is only natural to want the best especially when money is as tight as it is. I think a lot of dealerships will be going to the wind this year. Wonder if my S/C will like LPG or will it spit it out like cheap wine? Thenoname
×
×
  • Create New...