Jump to content

mattross1313

Members
  • Posts

    2,774
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mattross1313

  1. Good point They were pretty light so could well have been alloy. I've had 3 cars since so cant really remember. I would have thought a steel set would be heaps stronger, hence why you are wanting steel
  2. Im liking the neon chrome look. Only thing i will say about the type listed in the Demon Tweaks link is is based on a similar set i had on an old car. My set could have been a cheaper, worse quality set, however i found that after a few on/offs the curved grooves would start to round out. This would cause the tool to slip and found it hard to tighten/undo the nuts. But these might have deeper grooves etc and not have any problems
  3. These are pretty! But i have zero money until payday if by some ridiculous turn of events you have these at the end of the month maybe we can talk But i would guess that Octet will be along soon to buy these hehe!
  4. Hey CS, No not looking to use the strips of LEDs - I did think about using them but as said above i think they will look a little amateur. I am keeping this plan close to my chest for now (incase it fails haha). However if it does work I will post up my work, if it fails I have lots of LED's spare to follow the setup like yours It is a long shot, but if it works as I hope I think they will be more visible during the day. watch this space ..... I agree with the waterproof strips of 24xLED's - I used these on an old MR2. I fitted some to the front sidelights and two sets to the rear. They looked really good IMO but as said after time they begin to fail and small blocks of 3 LEDs fail. I planned on doing something like this to the rear of the Zed but after melting one rear light in the oven, and the proven reliability issues i decided to just buy a set of LED ones from the US. Here are the LEDs on my MR2.
  5. Scratch that - my reflectors just landed in my desk from the US! Very quick delivery and good looking quality too! Time to start fettling
  6. Hey CS, quick question as I'm not with the car right now. Do you know the length of the reflector? I am hatching another idea and need to make a purchase from eBay. I would guess at around 15cm or so, do you know off hand?
  7. ^^ Haha Tool chest is looking good matey. Bone&shoe is not looking so good though
  8. I've been blowing hot and cold on this idea each time i look at my car.....this thread has pretty much made up my mind......they will be painted blue! Really cleans up the lines of the car
×
×
  • Create New...