Jump to content

flyboy

Members
  • Posts

    1,540
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by flyboy

  1. I have now finished sorting the wiring detail on the mirror fold module for the UK 350Z. There is now no need to remove the metal door panel or glass Access to the locking solenoid circuit now recomended from behind the speaker. For anyone interested they will cost £42.50 Plus postage and packaging. ( first class signed for) There have been some issues due to not being able to find a clean 12v signal to the solenoid which locks the door. There is a unique signal/wire for the unlock, but the wire which carries the 12v lock voltage also carries a 12v pulse on the unlock command. This has been confusing the issue and I have had to come up with a work around to the normal module, hence the delay and difficulty. I have the module working in the following format with the Mirror Switch in the off (Centre) position With the Ignition off when the doors are locked with either the key-fob or internal switch, the mirrors fold in. With the ignition on (or Acc Circuit on) the device is inhibited and locking the doors will not fold the mirrors. (This is to prevent the mirrors folding if the doors are locked when driving.) With the ignition off when doors are unlocked the mirrors stay folded. When the ignition is switched on (or Acc Circuit switched on) the mirrors unfold. Switching the ignition off then locking the doors folds the mirrors once again. The manual button for folding and unfolding the mirrors works as normal when the ignition is on or Acc circuit is on. This allows the mirrors to be folded while driving if needs be, to get through a tight gap etc. There is no need to glue a switch to the locking mechanism in the door, access to the locking solenoid circuit now recomended from behind the speaker. There is now no need to remove the metal door panel or glass The module is a sealed self contained "black box" with an external 15A fuse protection. There are 8 wires which need to be connected to the wiring loom within the door/doorcard. 4 of these are connected with Scotch block connectors, and 4 go one to each end of 2 existing wires which have to be cut. These are provided with bullet connectors. A full colour coded wiring diagram and fitting instructions will be provided with each kit. I will try to get a photo guide posted but to be honest if you cant do this from a wiring diagram with good written instructions then photos wont help much.
  2. You cant edit my post only I can mate I will be starting a new list (asI posted above) as that one is a few months old.
  3. Ok Folks, Sorry for the delays on this but I had been too busy at work to get any time for this, however I have had some time over the holidays and have now finalised the detail wiring of the mirror module. I have it fitted and working on my car and can now start a new interest list I will start a new post in member traders to explain exactly how it works (a bit different to previous module) and regenerate the interest list in that post.
  4. Hi Lee. Looking for the plastic cover on the rear wiper arm ( that covers the spline and nut) as some ***** has arf-inched mine!
  5. Count me in on this year +1 Camping. (Martinmac) You will finally get to meet me as well as the car !
  6. Sad News, Thought I hadn't seen his car for a few weeks. RIP Keith, will miss bumping into you in a morning at the lights.
  7. Hi Guys I have been away for Chrimbo in Marraketch hence no earlier reply from me on the subject. Cheers for the recomendation RT and Grlnet. As RT says it smooths out the airflow behind the air filter and gives a better smoother throttle response. ( See I knew the degree in fluid dynamics would count for something) However its not my design folks its pure Nissan and if they thought it worthwhile to spend money on it I thought it probably works and wanted one. I soon found out post 2006 airboxes were like rocking horse poo mixed with hens teeth. ( lots of info available on the forum and the net as to why, everyone with an earlier car was buying them up) I decided to copy it and make a conversion kit as I couldnt get a post 2006 airbox for less than £100. However making the tooling then getting it produced and zinc plated to match the original was going to cost a lot more........ The only option was to make lots and try to get my money back by selling them. Its still available for £37.50 posted as the full kit or £35.00 without the tube of automotive silicone if you have your own. There is a guide in the guides section for fitting http://www.350z-uk.c...-fitting-guide/ takes about 15-20 mins plus curing time. I can do a service exchange if you want and have a complete modified airbox ready for swapping over if you want to come and see me in Stafford. I may even be able to come to Wales or Lake Z for a days fitting if there is enough interest or advance orders.
×
×
  • Create New...