Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. I think ( therefore wait for someone else to confirm) that's the pre cat drivers side lambda sensor.
  2. Neil put it in a nutshell. You can't correct paint properly in a day. Period. Anyone that tells you they can is relying on the fact that you won't hit the paint with a halogen lamp after they're done. Not to the standard that I could consider a 'paint correction'. I machine polish all of the cars that get a full detail but it will only improve the paint. I like to call it a decontamination or preparation detail. Correction runs into hundreds of pounds. Thse are examples of paint that isnt corrected.......but you'd probably think it was. It feels like glass, has lots of depth and gorgeous reflections. Hit it with a halogen and each will still have micro scratches.
  3. Well on a 350 you can have it for the princely sum of £100. Probably should remember that a full detail isn't necessarily a full paint correction which is perhaps where some confusion comes in.
  4. I.........am far, far too cheap. If that doesn't include machine polishing then I'm far, far, far too cheap. I just charged £140 for an 8.5 hour detail on a Range Rover Super Sport!
  5. I learned that sometimes not even 8 times the recommended dosage of upholstery cleaner, a wet vac and a jet wash are enough to get the smell of mould out. Order of specialist cleaner which bears the legend 'effective on milk, blood, urine and vomit'.........you just know that stuff is going to do the job!
  6. i think you are confusing 'Value' with 'Special' new A45 AMG good value and very quick second hand Aston Martin V8 Vantage still very quick but a bit more 'Special' ^ Agree with this. A GT87 for example looks more 'special' but clearly is nothing like in terms of overall 'value' for what your getting.
  7. Guy on Facebook made a living from scamming people for car parts. Based up in Scotland I think Got twatted in the end.
  8. Checked the fluid level to ensure no leaks as well
  9. Because it's a bitch of a job to change the clutch and the likelihood is that the fly will be worn to some degree or another. Basically while youve got the box off and clutch out you might as well do it
  10. 2 days I was at it. I got a 'reasonable' finish and used approximately 30 quid of discs and assorted other crap. If someone's doing it for 95 quid I say it's superb value.
  11. Well done mate!
  12. £95 .......as someone who's done this themselves previously that is a cracking price for the UTTER FECKING BALLBAG IMMOLATINGLY TWUNTWHOREISH job that this is
  13. I was literally just thinking how the utter feck did he wrap the inner part of the grab! Looks good
  14. 50 nicker I think
  15. Lol I was actually on the verge of suggesting that this was Mike Brewer infiltrating the forum but I thought better of it. If he accepted that offer he could buy one with low mileage
  16. Superb results mate!
  17. In comment to your comment about the he comments commenting on modifications our point is your throttling your market even more. Over 100k miles - market reduced Yellow - market reduced Nodded - market reduced Finding 'the one buyer' - priceless. Sadly he's a one off that you might just find in a sea of prospective buyers. You paid a good price for the car. Well done
  18. Stock I'd add 500 to my guesstimate
  19. ......he didnt ask
  20. I think the lower end dodo stuff is all pretty similar to be honest. Very good waxes but supernatural is another level.
  21. Reminds me very much of the R222 concours wax I've got. Did a car for a bloke the other day and his exact words were 'have you not even bother to dry it!' In a fairly pi**ed off manner. He felt a bit of a prat when he realised it was bone dry!
  22. I think what we're getting at is that whilst any zed is going to be a money pit (and I dont care what anyone says .....they are) a higher mileage car will have: - higher potential for small ancillary jobs which are not all that cheap needing doing - a seriously squeezed audience in resale situation - more potential for poor maintenance over a larger amount of mileage Basically if you can be balled with it then go for it but bear those things in mind. As a mechanic is easy for you to look at any car and make an informed and professional decision. It's isn't for everyone.
  23. As far as I know pulling the MAF sensor and driving it will cause the ECU to drop into a default map so it 'should' run ok. That's how I diagnosed a MAF failure on one of my old cars. Ran like a dog......pulled the MAF and it ran ok so I knew that was the problem. It will underperform and won't be fuel efficient at all though.
×
×
  • Create New...