Jump to content

evest

Members
  • Posts

    733
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evest

  1. I had a really deep growling/vibrating noise when at low revs which had me worried - it then developed into a clanging rattling sound - which had me even more worried BUT the car was running perfectly. Still, I was worried about an expensive clutch repair coming my way. Turned out that the insulator panel above the backbox has corroded around the nuts (done 90K+) and was practically hanging off. The low revs were cause the vibration and noise. Couple of quid for some wide washers and five minutes later - sound gone!
  2. Good morning all! Anybody go any ideas on my previous post? I want to try and get it done today. Much obliged
  3. If you buy this then you've got the centre and back section included. K1 is pretty loud.
  4. What fuse are people running in the PC9-460 line-booster? It came with a 3amp fuse but according to the 350Z technical manual the power from the ignition goes through a 15 amp fuse - this should explain why the line-booster fuse keep blowing! Is it okay to simply put a 15amp fuse in the line booster - would this cause any problems? Cheers,
  5. Cheers fella, I'll have a crack at it in the morning
  6. All fitted and everything now working! Thanks to those above who helped me. Next issue: As it was a bit quiet I have purchased the line level booster (Autoleads PC9-460) and having some issues connecting it (didn't come with any instructions) Connecting it to the ignition lead off the main loom (red-red) keeps blowing the fuse (3amp). Do I need to put a bigger fuse in there? (is this safe, since it came with 3amp?) or am I connecting it to the wrong wire? Cheers
  7. Nice one - the adaptor is only £1.85 so worth a shot! Thanks for your help guys - quick too! If this doesn't work I'll re-post with pics next week.
  8. Karlp - Sorry no pics, it installed at the mo but will take it out next week and get some pics up. grlnet - Thanks for the link - I've had a quick look at their adaptors - Could it be that the original fitment is ISO and my new HU is DIN? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  9. Hi all, I've installed a new HU today - Alpine iDA- x311rr using the various looms required etc... The power, iPod input, steering wheel controls, sound ect is all okay BUT I couldn't connect the antenna as the antenna connector from the car (the bit you need pliers to remove from the clarion unit, right?) is too big to mate with the antenna receiver jack from the new HU (which I assume is standard size?). Does anybody know if an adaptor is usually needed to make this connection with new headunits and if so, any idea which one? Cheers,
  10. Shame Nissan didn't feel the same when they put that lump of Clarion in there! I can see where you are coming from with going double din and there are some sexy looking units out there. But I do like the idea of freeing up a single din space to do something else with though. Hmmm... will think on... Cheers
  11. Finally decided I need to replace my OEM/ghetto iPod setup with something that will sound much better! I was looking for a simple system for great sound - not with loads of features that I'll never use. Like the Alpine reputation so I'm currently planning to get the Alpine iDA-X311RR single din unit (pictured below) - made for iPod and no CD mechanism (sold all mine on Music Magpie!). I may also get new speakers and possibly and amp further down the line. Any thoughts on this system? This will give me the iPod control I want along with an extra tray space in the cockpit! Can anybody suggest some decent speakers to go with it? Finally - I'm no expert so how good is the Bose amp; is it worth me looking to get a new one? Cheers
  12. Some have speculated that the RRL SP was being manipulated in order to activate peoples' stop-loss limits, making more shares available for top-up by those expecting a rise soon. Maybe that's a bit cynical as other oil companies have experienced a fairly sharp drop in their SP (XEL, for example) and so perhaps it was down to overall market forces. Either way, I'm comfortable to hold on, RRL has released some positive news recently so hopefully this has just been a blip in what should be a great investment.
  13. evest

    Evest

×
×
  • Create New...