Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. You have your own world where you're living into, buddy. Wake up call? Honestly. Dude. This is a FUN thread. If you use it to have a pop at Beavis again I will take action. It was not created to make personal insults against another member. You are more than welcome to poke fun (as I'm doing ) but please don't make it personal. Right, on with the laughs. Mein Fuhrer will not let you join in Wales run otherwise!
  2. No. I love having fun. Get with it man! Fun or out, it's your choice!
  3. So Dave and Octet vs 7 billion.
  4. I have set up a poll to see if we can persuade Beavis to change his username to Hitler for one day! This is all in fun as although some people don't think so, Dave actually has a brilliant sense of humour and lots of votes might exert enough peer pressure for it to happen!
  5. I like your style! This should be a fun place. If people took a chill pill as they entered they'd have a lot more fun!
  6. Scarily this is one of the most sensible posts on the apple threads!
  7. Well I gave O2 a call..... They couldn't give a price as they haven't been rolled out yet (apparently) however the customer retention lad (I have learned to call them first instead of upgrades) said she will be able to do a deal on the 4S but is unsure what yet. I called as the 4 was coming up at hundreds of pounds on the website as an upgrade which I though was odd. Anyway, at least I know I can get a deal through them due to my loyalty.
  8. Having been to Romania last week and experience super-fast 3G speeds 7.2Mbps it makes you wonder how a very developed country as UK can't do better at this. http://www.cosmote.ro/en/connectMobileH ... &cid=20368 Same for broadband networks, you get unlimited traffic at 100 Mb/s speed for 39 RON / months, equivalent to £8/month... Pffffff and when I call my clients in Bucharest and Ploiesti they cry that their internet is slow and make me do stuff. Not anymore!
  9. Thats because Apple screw them so much over sales margins they make bugger all profit off them Yep. And take a 1/3 or line rental too or something??? I'm on a £35 a month contract but get 20% off I believe. That was an 18 month contract. I can easily stomach that. I would not spend £40 a month on a phone. I have a 4S reserved through the shop my mate runs (CPW) however I might calll O2 and see what they'll do.
  10. Screw you Jones!
  11. Nice code! Haha, cheers Colin. Postage would be more than it'd cost me to buy a cheapy one as a test! I think I'll get one of those plates that Chris`I posted.
  12. Yes, it's all great saving a few quid however there would be tears if it went wrong as the insurance wouldn't pay up!
  13. I'm with 02 and get discount on my bills etc but I'm going to have to look at the monthly costs seeing as everyone limits the data. I also don't get 3G where I live only the mega slow one however Orange do have 3G. Just a shame that the networks aren't that keen to compete for business with iPhones
  14. It'll get Siri to speak to aswell I'd imagine.
  15. Have the 'contract' prices been announced yet?
  16. 12th for iOS 5 and 14th for handset I believe.
  17. Most probably the car it came off. Obviously it needs fixed but I don't think it's anything to worry about.
  18. Was the reg on a Suzuki before? Sounds like it's not updated. I can still get insurance quotes that says my reg is on my old Lexus..... which I sold 5 years ago.
  19. Apologies, the other filter I was using certainly wasn't new however it was largely unused. I'll get a new filter at some point. I'm working all weekend so I might have to mail order one. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if my neighbours are having issues, I work long hours so haven't seen any of them!
  20. I am due an upgrade so have contacted my mate to get me one. I really like my 3GS so I might aswell get on the bandwagon.
  21. I must say I think it's the filter. Or the addition of a filter that is causing it. I'll try and get a known good filter, I'd buy a new one but no guarantee it's working I guess.... I have 'normal' phopneline and broadband, no cable option up here! The line is BT but Talk Talk supply. It's bloody annoying when you get crystal clear phone line when plugged in direct but when you add anything it goes bad. Rubbish!
  22. Ok, I'm having an issue with my phone line. For a while there has been interference on the line but I just ignored it as I rarely use my landline. So last week the phone displays 'check phone line' along with complaints from family that my house phone is always engaged. The phone is dead and unable to dial out. So last night the broadband dies. I could find and connect to my router although all the settings had been lost. It wouldn't connect to the net though. I switched it on and off etc but no joy. I unplugged all the lines from the main phone input and plugged the phone in, perfect clear line. I thought 'brilliant, the filter is knackered' so I swapped it this evening. No joy! Again the phone works but as soon as a filter is on the line it goes to sh1t. Anyone have any ideas?
  23. What happens when you click the link that says 'What if these details are incorrect?' Sorry, I can offer no advice.
  24. I've unlocked this to allow a member to reply to a comment after it was reported. All, please don't abuse the fact the topic has been unlocked or it'll be promptly locked again. We are adults and can act as such.
  25. Agreed! Sent from my iPhone
×
×
  • Create New...