Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. I had a lavor before my Nilfisk. Lavor was super cheap and very powerful.
  2. I've no idea who did / did not get in, I simply sent on all pics I received. I'll have to take a look at the feature though and make sure it's not total crap!
  3. He's cute! My friend has one the same! Pffffffff, never heard of walking and eating at the same time!
  4. Where are you? Maybe someone will lend you a set when in for refurb etc.
  5. Test it in a suitable place.
  6. I bought a very good Nilfisk (circa £450 IIRC but half price) and the quality is 100 times better than karcher in my opinion. Costco had a pile of Karchers in when I was in the other day though, great warranty (you might well need it ) and cheaper price!
  7. If you gave up after one knock back I wouldn't employ you. Get in touch with electrical training providers. My Sister sells training for a living these days (office stuff) but there are loads of grants available. You might be able to approach a company and when they say 'no money after 25' you can produce something that shows you get a grant..... I studied Electrical and Electonic Engineering, now work for the largest (I'm sure) oil service copmany in the world. We hire a lot of older Techs / Engineers. I actually asked my dad about your situation - he owns a large electrical company (Explosion proof, panel building, Control, design, service, install and maintenance etc etc) with bases in the UK and Middle East. He said he'd have no issues with age 'as long as he was a grafter'
  8. What's a drought? Oh and He can send highland spring water down to you, Good to go!
  9. How about you search for posts from both the owners that have been on the forum. Perhaps PM them too.
  10. Does it have to be a Karcher?
  11. I'm a fat b**tard but if I lived a mile from work I'd walk or pedal.
  12. Black rose hat for the hoon! Looks Lovely. I still maintain that the Nismo kit is the best for the 370, A Nismo Roadster in black Rose would be something to behold!
  13. When I lived in Russia I learned to read and speak Russian, I could write it too but never did. I used some basic language courses on CD / DVD and learned phrases (and replies) from little language books. Lonely Planet phrase books are the best there are. They offer phon0etics too. I have travelled to somefunny places with no English speakers and I have managed a lot with Lonely Planet!
  14. Yuk, 11k for a 9 year old import. What exactly does this mean in the description? Pete I think it means it has an induction kit......
  15. My dads company recruits their apprentices from the local college normally. The guys that have done a year electrical engineering (NC level, out of school) and come recommended by the lecturers are interviewed. That's how they do it and it works for them. Maybe worth speaking to a few companies you'd like to work for to see what they say.
  16. You won't lose much cash in the first year if any, you'll be on more than that thereafter for sure! My old man started as a sparky 40 years ago and I know for sure his guys earn a hell of a lot than 12k a year!
  17. Wow, the gallery is just insulting!
  18. It's a gin and tonic which incidentally also makes you a better driver.....
  19. Yaaaaaaay! The hole was tarred over today! So minus 10 days over Christmas (only because I insisted) I've had barriers and a gaping hole in my garden / outside the front for 3 months when it was meant to be three days! At least I can get in my drive Properly now. After watching the gas people do their thing I've come to the conclusion that you couldn't buy a job like they have.
  20. No leniency required. You've done a great job getting the pics.
  21. The 2010 model is great but currently more than twice the OPs budget. I really like the Sorento and the Sportage though.
  22. Good effort!
  23. Everyone wants 'The Homer' don't they?
  24. A perfect example of proper, non-ghey 4X4 use My Navara was offroad in friends fields two days after I got it! A few of my friends regularly go out to 'get stuck' with their jeeps. Just go around their land with a tractor on stand by to pull them out when they get stuck! It makes for a fun afternoon!
  25. It's either for the rear oil slick or the rear smoke machine. Either way, it'll help when gun toting henchmen are trying to shoot you from their windows of following cars during a chase.
×
×
  • Create New...