Advice on JDM Import

Ricki

Hi Ricky and welcome to the site :thumbs:

Owning an import doesn't mean your a cheap skate, as there are plenty of guys on here that own one. Try and keep some money on the side to do a few mods when you get it ie:- popcharger, grounding kit, plenum spacer, zorst any many more :teeth:

Definately as the Japanese market is flooded with Z cars obviously theyre going to be cheaper than here.

If u can get a good example for abt £13k, can use the saved £3-4k on mods to make urs look unique - bodykit, exhaust, double din dvd player etc B)

PS wish id kept my fairlady badge.. i think it looks better!

when you do get it converted insist on a mileage verification certificate from the company - invaluable when you come to pass the car on.

When I got mine converted I had them leave the KM on the clock and from now on it counts up in miles - I know its a mixture but for transparency I prefer and would prefer that the odometer has not been altered in any way and that way nobodys knocked a few thousand off it when it was changed.

:thumbs:

wish id kept my fairlady badge.. i think it looks better!

+1 :blush:

I've decided to keep mine on now. Its amazing how many people don't actually know what your car is. Only last night at traffic lights I had a car creeping up behind me while a young lad in the passenger seat stuck his face up to his window to read what it said on the back of the car. I've had a few people come to look at it and ask what it is.

• 3 weeks later...
when you do get it converted insist on a mileage verification certificate from the company - invaluable when you come to pass the car on.

When I got mine converted I had them leave the KM on the clock and from now on it counts up in miles - I know its a mixture but for transparency I prefer and would prefer that the odometer has not been altered in any way and that way nobodys knocked a few thousand off it when it was changed.

One of the import dealers I'm talking to said a similar thing when I asked about resetting the mileage. Apparantly it voids any warranted miles certificate you get from Japan so my concern would be questions over the mileage in the future for resale.

My preference would be all in miles, but I've had quite a few imports and they've all been mixed.

One of the import dealers I'm talking to said a similar thing when I asked about resetting the mileage. Apparantly it voids any warranted miles certificate you get from Japan so my concern would be questions over the mileage in the future for resale.

My preference would be all in miles, but I've had quite a few imports and they've all been mixed.