SRS (air bag light falshing) HELP PLZ !

M350ZB

Hi all, long time no see or hear for a few,

Driving my Z last night, first time in about a week, been so busy, and the srs (air bag warning) light came on and is flashing, i done a search on here last night and found out about hte ecu reset, tried this but it does not even clear it, also fiddled away with the cables underneath both seats, also found out on here, and nothing, only other thing i can think of is fuse's, going to check this out today, but if not think its a trip to the stealers.

Has anyone resolved this problem there self, or is it a 100% a strealers job, and any ideas on prices, e.t.c

Its a f>*&k*ng shame as was going to pop down bluewater tonight, why me, last week had two nails in both left side tyres on my mg zr at work, god leave me alone, lol :surrender:

Any help guys i would be much greatfull

Thanks All

Hi mate, hmm, SRS light can mean the following:

Letting battery drain too low

Bad Sensor

Blown fuse

Unplugging the car’s battery

Removing the gauge cluster/installing aftermarket gauges

Bad clockspring (located inside your steering wheel)

Bad ECU

Bad reverse light switch on transmission

Airbag defective/unplugged

Hopefully its not a bad ecu, and probably low battery, do a test and get yourself down to halfords if defective.when you drive do you notice anything different? Powerchange or fluency in the power delivery? If not then It probably aint too serious and Id get yourself down to the bluewater meet :thumbs:

gonna have a look at the fuses some point today, not to sure when it came on, just looked down and noticed it, and no no differences in driving or nothing at all, drives like a dream still !, like i said done the ecu reset, and no joy, played about with the wires under neath the seats and still no joy, so thinking i will check the fuses today ?

If not to the stealers it is tommorow ! :angry:

gonna have a look at the fuses some point today, not to sure when it came on, just looked down and noticed it, and no no differences in driving or nothing at all, drives like a dream still !, like i said done the ecu reset, and no joy, played about with the wires under neath the seats and still no joy, so thinking i will check the fuses today ?

If not to the stealers it is tommorow ! :angry:

If no power difference and you done an ecu reset, then id go with the battery. You coming to the meet now?

One of my 350 mates here in NZ had one of his replaced. If it's the same thing, it's a rubbing wire in the seat airbag. It's also a known problem, as per the dealer he took his Zed too.

His was replaced by the dealer at Nissan's expense even though his car is a 2003 and well out of warranty. ;)

Right after a little think e.t.c, i decided to check the fuse's in the drivers foot-well, i took the srs fuse out, and it seemed ok, i then put it back in started her up and it started flashign again, then i though ok so i swapped this fuse for the one next door to it, both being 10AMPs, then strated her up and it went out, only had her running for about 3 minutes, so only time will tell tommorow when i have another look, will replace as what seems a faulty fuse, ill up-dat you more tommorow, thanks all for your help and ideas :thumbs:

Touch Wood all cured, may be a bit of dirt on the connection, who knows, just swapped the fuses around, both being 10AMPS and woo hoo, its all good, drove around for about ten miles, no problems.......

Saved me self some dollar for once, love it ! :p:teeth::p

• 2 months later...
if you check the guides section, the ECU reset is there

it is there.........

and it duz work........... unless there is a problem

you will find the light will come on again after 10 mins driving if parts need replacing....... :)