D1 Throttle Controller Install

jamess115

Afternoon People. Anyone give me a clue as to approx. how long it takes for someone who knows what they're doing to fit the D1 throttle controller ? ... General feedback seems to be that it is a 10 minuite job (involving no wire cutting etc ..) however, reading the intructions, I see no evidence of this - and having returned from a recent P3 at Japex, Ross informs me that it can be quite involved. Herein lies my question. How much labour time to get this done properly? Thanks for your time

Ps. More awkward than anything to physically get to it if you are a big chap

Indeed. However I got it done today only to receive the dreaded engine management light after 10 mins of driving :surrender:. Car started jumping/stuttering so I have just unplugged it until as I need car for work this week. Called EPR who said that likely a cable has come loose & to remove Batt earth and double check everything b4 starting again .. Hope this solves problem!

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and I struggled with the d1spec plug that clips into the plug that goes to the ecu (the one with orange rubber gasket inside).

I removed the white plastic bit from d1spec plug and I removed the orange gasket from the ecu plug and still no matter how hard I pushed it wouldn't lock on the clip.

I ended up wrapping a cable tie around the 2 plugs (with the white plastic bit and rubber gasket in place) to make sure they don't disconnect and it worked a treat.

Other than that it is a doddle. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's the benefit of the throttle controller?

To get 100% throttle opening through 1st 2nd and 3rd gears. I installed mine last night and it works great with my cobra de-cat pipes, feels so much more responsive (on sp7 anyway)

What's the benefit of the throttle controller?

To get 100% throttle opening through 1st 2nd and 3rd gears. I installed mine last night and it works great with my cobra de-cat pipes, feels so much more responsive (on sp7 anyway)

you can get 100% throttle opening in all gears without the D1 throttle controller, the controller just means the throttle responsiveness changes. All it does is intercept the signal from the throttle pedal to the butterfly. normally in the first three gears the throttle response is numbed down, but in all cases 100% throttle pedal pressed = 100% throttle opening.$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RMkBRELN(HycQ~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I thought the butterfly valve only opens 75% from factory tuned with your foot to the floor? Ive noticed that on sp7 (havnt tried other settings) that you only need to press the throttle pedal halfway down and its 100% throttle open

no, 100% throttle press is 100% throttle opening, in all gears. the zed doesn't limit power in any gear, it just slows down the throttle opening to make it easier to drive at slow speeds without lurching around everywhere with an on/off switch for a throttle pedal.

but you're roughly right about SP7 - if you want to see it working, put the car in neutral and hold the revs steady at 3000rpm say, then cycle through the settings on the throttle controller and note how the revs rise and fall on their own without you changing the position of your foot.