Want to do a drive to Europe this autumn

gstraw

Hey

The wife and I want to take the zed for a drive to Europe. I've never been for a drive to Europe and I'm looking for recommendations. Thinking no longer than about 4-5 days.

Would prefer to take the ferry over from Newcastle since it's fun but I'm not sure if the lowered zed will have any problems getting on. Anyone else taken their zed onto a very before?

I would love to do a scenic route with tourist activities so thinking maybe heading towards Monaco and the amalfi Coast?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, doubt you could actually do that in 4 - 5 days.

If would you prefer to visit areas of interest - these can easily eat up several hours a day (3 hours plus).

This in mind, I would aim for 4 hours driving a day maximum.

If you aim to drive 7 hour days ish - with 2 or 3 shortish stops plus lunch and fuel breaks, - in my experience you will not be arriving at your accomodation till 7 - 8pm after departing at 10am and little sightseeing,.

For your first trip could I suggest perhaps ;-

Loire Valley in France.

Stunning Chateau's, many Vineyards - there will be a host of other things in the area.

Photographers paradise too.

St Malo is scenic with beautiful beaches.

I like La Rochelle on the middle of West Coast.

Just realised I have almost sorted a route almost there with slight re-arranging :lol: ) so to finish drive around part of the Le Mans Circuit !!

Obvioulsy with the use of google itg is easy to check what touristy activities are available.

Good Luck, it will be great. :)