KONI VS BILSTEIN

Kaveney

I have had some Bilstein B6 dampers on order for the last 2 months and now they will not be in until the end of August .

Has anybody had the KONI yellow sport as I may have to look at them to go with my TEIN springs .

regards

Alan

Not to take anything away from Torqen, especially as I've seen the item in the metal - I personally didn't want coilovers, and I'm very happy with the yellow billies + tein S springs + eibach arbs + dw upper camber arms + prothane bushings + whiteline bushings + superpro bushings + all of the other guff I've bought :lol:

Not to take anything away from Torqen, especially as I've seen the item in the metal - I personally didn't want coilovers, and I'm very happy with the yellow billies + tein S springs + eibach arbs + dw upper camber arms + prothane bushings + whiteline bushings + superpro bushings + all of the other guff I've bought :lol:

Just to really go along with what rob is saying .....

The bilstein / tein combo are an absolute brilliant combination for a road going zed .

Here it is:

350z Bilstein B8 2003 Base Front Left 46mm Monotube Shock Absorber - 1 in stoc

350z Bilstein B8 2003 Base Rear 46mm Monotube Shock Absorber - 8 in stoc

350z Koni Sport (Yellow) Shock - Right Front - 7 in stock

350z Koni Sport (Yellow) Shock - Left Front - 5 in stock

350z Koni Sport (Yellow) Shock - Rear - 6 in stock

I'd say the set-up I have is great for the road, it's totally compliant so if you end up going over lunar surfaces (which are most UK roads right), then it handles the sudden change very nicely.

If you wanted it firmer for more track use, I'd just use different springs (Swift Sport Spec-R which octet supplies iirc) but then you could consider the B8 shocks as they are for 30mm+ drop (B6's up to 30mm).

As I said, for me, I just didn't want coilovers (unless I had a chance to try a bunch out).

Either way, it would be good to let everyone know what you went with and how they feel :thumbs:

I'd say the set-up I have is great for the road, it's totally compliant so if you end up going over lunar surfaces (which are most UK roads right), then it handles the sudden change very nicely.

If you wanted it firmer for more track use, I'd just use different springs (Swift Sport Spec-R which octet supplies iirc) but then you could consider the B8 shocks as they are for 30mm+ drop (B6's up to 30mm).

As I said, for me, I just didn't want coilovers (unless I had a chance to try a bunch out).

Either way, it would be good to let everyone know what you went with and how they feel :thumbs:

Hi Rob,

did u give him the adress of the trader where u bought ur B6´s ? I just made a request via whatsapp if he has them in stock,........waiting for an answer. If i have any info about it i will post a new info

rgds

Michael

I have looked in all of the UK and the USA still no joy :(

Lead time was June then August so I may be put back again .

Have got some Tokico HP Blues coming ( small upgrade from the OEM shock bit more stiff ) from the USA at a very good price that will do until the B6 come in or I go for something other .

Alan

Edited by Kaveney