LED Rear running/brake light bulb with resistor?

Gargravarr

Hello,

One of my brake lights has failed, and I bought a set off Autobulbs to replace them. Didn't check the forum first, and found out autobulbs think that the car uses a bayonet, but it's a wedge 7443 in my car...

I figured now might be a fun one to try out LED bulbs in the car. I've searched around the forum a bit, but I can't find anyone referencing a set of LED bulbs with the resistor inside for the running lights?

Autobulbs only have one that is non canbus (so I assume it's not got a resistor?). I'd prefer not to be wedging resistors etc into bulbs that are used for brake lights if I can.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ABD-7443HP-21/5W-54-LED-WEDGE-WHITE-and-RED.html

I can't seem to find any direct part recommendations on the forum, and there are a few comments that the bulbs are 7443 not 580, and that there is a difference. I know CS2000 did a pack a while ago, but it seems like he's no longer doing them.

Has anyone changed out their OEM bulbs to LED and not had the brake light fault light? and if so, what part did you use?

I've got a 55 plate coupe.

Thank you!

Go and down load the app GEEK.

Its great for obscure stuff like bulbs etc. I took a look and found 6 straight away but cant cut n paste because its held within the app. Geek sell everything. Cheap stuff too. All from oversea and delivery takes a few weeks. Ive used this side and have never been dissapointed.

BulletMagnet, how hard was the LED cluster swap? is it a direct bulb replacement, or does it involve cutting up the housing?

Also, does anyone know where to get straight OEM filament bulbs for the rear? Autobulbs don't seem to have 7443 non-LED bulbs, and I can't find many that look like proper brands. Are they really that niche?

Wait, just realised you're talking about the whole cluster, mirrors and lenses etc. Those look to be about 200+ quid, which is a bit more than my budget!

All I want to do is switch out the bulbs with some LEDs, surely this isn't too rare of a request?

For the facelift LED light upgrade you swap the whole rear cluster not just the bulbs and you can buy new genuine Nissan ones from Clarke motorsport for around £285.

I have no idea about just changing bulbs for LED ones though.

Haha, I would love to, but I can't justify £200 on a mod that doesn't change the performance! I've asked a seller on eBay about a LED bulb that should work. I'll let you know about it if it works!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk