Any reviews on Uprev for HR 350z?

chirag1988

As the title states, I've read many threads regarding remaps for the DE models and what gains can be made, but I've not managed to read a review from someone with a HR (unless I've missed it). I've been toying with the idea of a remap, but have read mixed reviews about it.

My current setup is Cobra Resonated catback, Stillen Y-pipe, Berk HFCs and HKS panel filters in OEM airboxes.

Can anyone shed some light as to what they've achieved on their HR and if it made any difference to drive at all? I'm not expecting "totally transforms the car into a beast!" Or anything OTT but I'd like to see what other HR owners have experienced?

Cheers guys,

Chirag

I have an 07 HR with HFCs, Milltek cat-back zorst and panel filters - had it UpRev'd by Jez and Horsham about 2 years ago. First dyno was ~305 and we finished at ~320. He also took off the 1st / 2nd gear limiters and made some tweaks to how it drives at low speeds. I don't really notice any of that now as it's all just normal for me now, but at the time I remember being happy with the difference it made. It wasn't night and day though, more like 7pm-to-8pm on a Summer's evening ;)

As of Friday I will have the same set up as you. I'm getting my HFC fitted at abbey so will ask mark what he thinks while I'm there.

Awesome mate, let me know what the outcome is - are you getting it mapped at the same time?

I have an 07 HR with HFCs, Milltek cat-back zorst and panel filters - had it UpRev'd by Jez and Horsham about 2 years ago. First dyno was ~305 and we finished at ~320. He also took off the 1st / 2nd gear limiters and made some tweaks to how it drives at low speeds. I don't really notice any of that now as it's all just normal for me now, but at the time I remember being happy with the difference it made. It wasn't night and day though, more like 7pm-to-8pm on a Summer's evening ;)

Good to hear man, good numbers too :thumbs: Also did it make much difference to your insurance afterwards?

Had mine done with just panel filters and standard exhaust. Overall lost 1bhp.

Obviously the argument is that the overall shape of the graph is better, but it's nothing I can feel. Win some, lose some.

In your case general consensus is that you should get it done so that your exhaust mods are optimised.

Had mine done with just panel filters and standard exhaust. Overall lost 1bhp.

Obviously the argument is that the overall shape of the graph is better, but it's nothing I can feel. Win some, lose some.

In your case general consensus is that you should get it done so that your exhaust mods are optimised.

Sounds like a pretty poor deal when you put it like that!