Brake pad has a lip

mattfinch

Hello all

Just wondered if anyone knows if this is my problem. I have DS2500 pads all round with disc from MTec. Car is just used on the road and not track. When braking very softly I get the most loudest brake squeel from the rear. I have tried braking very hard and still there. I have taken the rear pads out as the noise is from the back to find there is a big lip at the back of the pads. Almost looks like the back 1mm is not touching the disc.

Wondered if this is causing the squeel and should I just buy new rear budget pads and this will do the trick?

Thanks

thats the problem, I have cleaned all the calipers from dust, I have put anti squeal shims on the back and have put cooper grease on the backs and I still get it. I can only think that when I break lightly this lip if touching the disc first and making the noise. I sounds like rusty old metal grinding on each other is really bad.

Yer put them on with new disc about 9months ago. Was alright at first when the are cold it fine. After braking round town they are really bad. I don t now why the back have gone like it. Im hoping new pads will solve the problem. Almost seems like the pads are a bit bigger than the disc :(

I had mine out today (ebc yellow stuff) and a very slight lip had formed due to the painted area surrounding the pad material. I would have thought the brake disc would easily break it off as the pads wear... but there it was...

Mine don't squeal but ciuld your's be a similar issue?

Edited by evest

Yer not too sure what has caused this. Have ordered new pads now and will pop them in when I get them and see if this fixes the problem. If not I guess I will need different disc as it might be a problem with the type of disc