How much louder..? Help

hairyman68

Hi currently have a cobra resinated system on. But it's not quiet at loud as would have like. Have read that de cats will increase the sound. Question is go resinated de cats or straight cats..? How much louder will be..? Thanks.

Have you thought about HFC's (High Flow Cats) instead?

That way you'll more than likely still get through the MOT as with the De-Cats you won't unless you've a friendly MOT guy of course. ;)

I've had the Berks HFC's previously on my Zed and now Berks De-Cats ~ I only changed from the HFC's to De-cats as my Zed is now supercharged and it would have killed the HFC's.

The De-Cats are considerably louder than my HFC's were and it's also a different kind of sound now. It's hard to compare the two really though as my car is supercharged now which it wasn't when I had the HFC's on.

Little video below of my Zed with the Berks De-Cats and Invidia Gemini exhaust system.

[media]

[/media]

:thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have HFC's, Stillen y pipe and Cobra Non Resonating centre section and that is very loud and sounds meaty.

Keith

I now have pretty much the same set up. At 3k rpm it sounds like a maniac! I'm not 100% sure I like it. Bit too raspy for me. Will see if I can get used to it. Reminds me of a M3 on steroids!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about HFC's (High Flow Cats) instead?

That way you'll more than likely still get through the MOT as with the De-Cats you won't unless you've a friendly MOT guy of course. ;)

I've had the Berks HFC's previously on my Zed and now Berks De-Cats ~ I only changed from the HFC's to De-cats as my Zed is now supercharged and it would have killed the HFC's.

The De-Cats are considerably louder than my HFC's were and it's also a different kind of sound now. It's hard to compare the two really though as my car is supercharged now which it wasn't when I had the HFC's on.

Little video below of my Zed with the Berks De-Cats and Invidia Gemini exhaust system.

:thumbs:

Shameless plug - I have Berk HFC's in the For Sale section if interested in going that route.