Philip HUE lights

jimboy2

Any one had these? Are they any good? For lighting the possibilities are endless and look great.

Just wondering if anyone has any real world experiences with them. Not the cheapest in the world but noting like this is!

I've had the living colour versions for years, mk1's and mk2's. Solid quality, can only imagine the new generation are just as good.

I've read up on the hue and would have no hesitation going for them. Can't justify it at the moment as my old version are going strong and I should be moving house in the next year or two.

It's just the price I'm struggling to justify. It's 149 for the stater kit, which is the hub and 3 bulbs. I just know I will end up fitting them to,every light in the house!

We are having the standard spot lights fitted to our kitchen ceiling. Will these bulb fit in those ok?

Also our electrician is running a light feed to above our kitchen units. Can I get the led strip kit and just wire direct into light switch? Guess I would have to chop the plug off. Would that work?