Nos help please

JoKeR

I'm looking at getting a Nos kit and I'm just wondering if anyone who knows something about it can help me out please.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004LES8F0/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?qid=1432551027&sr=8-2-fkmr0π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=350z+zex+nos

Is this a decent kit?

Will I need anything more to fit?

Is it a good price?

Cheers guys and don't all rip me a new one at the same time please! I don't have a lot of cash so this seems ideal. I'm aware I'll get charged customs etc. It will be fitted when I've saved up enough cash for it after/if purchase/d.

Thanks

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

I wouldn't bother if you don't have a lot of cash. Never had Nos kit, but heard about it from couple of people on here...buying kit is 1 thing, might not be that expensive.

But then I believe you needs loads of remapping (which is expensive) and possibly aftermarket ECU? Pretty sure someone told me that it costs around 5k for full install (I might be wrong here)

There's not a great deal of info in the link, are they scared to publish the goods in which you're buying? :shrug:

As Neil said, get all your gear from Wizards of Nos. I ran their gear for over 2 years, fantastic product and a warranty and support here in the UK.

How much research have you done?

Do you know how much refills of NOS are, and where you will be sourcing your supply?

Who's going to fit the kit?

Who's going to tune it?

Spark plugs for these are over £100, have you factored this into your estimation.

If you want cheap power...... just borrow Vlad's car. :teeth: (give it back thereafter in the spirit of the forum)

Lol cheers guys really useful info. I did some research on it a while ago then the excitement of Nos died down a bit. I read about it having to be wet kit, use progressive controller, purge and all that good stuff.

I know I have to go a step colder in spark plugs but no I didn't expect that cost of £100!!! And I didn't factor that in.

I was under the impression that with a 50-100hp kit it's "almost" plug and play. Connect it all up, remap, done! Think I was very wrong by the sounds of it lol.

Seems like I need to rethink and continue to save up :(

£2-3k is where you're at from a very basic level.

The kit doesn't mention a progressive controller, and that for that price I doubt it has one.

Do you also know how much NOS for a refill is? 10Ib is about £50.

When firing NOS you need to be at about 900psi and you won't get that with ambient temps, hot sunny day yes, otherwise you need to factor in a heater. That's a further $160 minimum.

http://www.zex.com/zx/nitrous-add-ons/bottle-heatershtml/

Read up on the Wizards of Nos forum you get a LOT of specific info in there.

Thats a lot more than I expected I guess this was just another dream haha. Don't have FI either mate.

Think I will forget about this then lol

Thanks guys

If you want cheap power...... just borrow Vlad's car. :teeth: (give it back thereafter in the spirit of the forum)

Cheap power? Excuse me! :lol:

At least cheap power is drivable ;):stir:

Yes cheap = use somebody else's FI'd car.

Took a while to be driveable though ;)

Not everybody spends anything like that for nitrous , you can get a kit that will add 50-75 hp for less than £1k and there are plenty of books you can read to fully understand how it works , how to install it and how to tune it . Unfortunately many tuners have limited information on it

Wet kits don't need mapping

Yes they do buddy. I run a Nitrous express wet kit. Ended up having to run an aftermarket ecu so I didn't have to run the timing retarded constantly. Plenty of others with wet systems on here.

How much experience have you got of running this on a zed?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wet kits don't need mapping

Yes they do buddy. I run a Nitrous express wet kit. Ended up having to run an aftermarket ecu so I didn't have to run the timing retarded constantly. Plenty of others with wet systems on here.

How much experience have you got of running this on a zed?

Funny how plenty of people in the US run 100hp on the 370z with no alterations not even plugs, I've not yet finished my 370z install but have had numerous cars and bikes run nitrous and fitted dozens of kits for people over the last 20 years or so.

99% of cars can take 50hp with no alterations at all you don't need a controller and you don't need a map, hardly going to set your world alight though, above 75hp the goalposts change a little but its not rocket science.

My advice to search the US forums, nitrous isnt well used over here outside of drag racing circles advice is limited

I can heartily recommend this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Install-Use-Nitrous-Oxide/dp/1884089224