New Wheels

Snowseph

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at potentially buying a set of new wheels, whether it be a set of Grids or RPF1's, etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew the correct offsets for the following configuration:

Fronts - 18x9.5

Rears - 18x10

As well as what tyre size will fit these sizes correctly? (by correctly, I mean no stretch). I currently have the default 18" Rays alloys with 225/45/R18 on the fronts and 245/45/R18 on the rears. I assume the 45/R18 will remain the same as I'm not buying larger alloys, but I do intend to buy some 30mm lowering springs so will 45/R18's rub on the arches?

I'm guessing I won't need spacers as I'm buying wider alloys?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by Snowseph

I'm currently on:

Front: 9.5j et15 - 225/45/18

Rear: 10.5j et15 - 245/45/18

I think the offsets I am running on those sizes are perfect, the alloys sit nicely flush with arch and don't get lost inside it, plus they clear the Brembos, no need for messing around with spacers after.

I have slight stretch on this setup though, barely noticeable. If you don't want any stretch you will need different/wider tyres.

Hope that helps you mate.

It depends what look you're going for but generally if you aim to buy wheels with offsets in the 15 to 25 range then you won't be needing spacers. For non-stretched tyres you'll need to drop to 40 profile, something like 245/40R18 front, 275/40R18 rear.

what roadtrip said - the difference in rolling diameter between a 245/45/18 and a 275/40/18 is a mere 0.07%, so perfect!

have a play on willtheyfit.com for info

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=18&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=33&width2=275&aspect2=40&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=10&offset2=20

Edited by brillomaster

I've got RPF1 in 9.5/10.5 with an ET15. They fit perfectly, rubbed a little bit on the rears over speed bumps and now with coilovers they definitely need an arch roll.

I'm planning on running a 30 profile tyre instead of the 45 i've got on there now :)