Chrome polish how?

mrkieran23

Hey guys, so i have decided how i want my bay to look, and it looks like its the same as most.

I wont be doing the intake myself but there are parts i cannot really get sent off to do, engine side under the cover behind the belts.

I could like to give that the mirror finish like most...... i'm curious to how.

Is this a case of different grades of sand paper?

tips appreciated guys :D

My second post on this subject today. Mopedmark or Wasso for a polished plenum on an exchange basis, Mark will alos refurbed and polish your bonnet catch. Everything else on mine I did with a dremel although I am currently changing my bay again..You can send most of it off, intake tube, throttle body, plenum, strut bar etc. Also consider Ricey for hydro dipping.

c5ca549a-eeee-4a04-b151-04de709d05fd_zpsdb8a6b15.jpg

Edited by Payco

The picture above is the reason for my thread.

I have actually saved your picture because its what i want to be doing with my bay including that wire cover you have.

I wont be getting much hydro dipped as its becoming real common now so think i'm going with a mirror finish.

When you say dremel, what attachment? sand? disc, stone :D

How do you keep it shiny and from going rusty?

Edited by mrkieran23

I will have to photo my dremel mops and send them to you. Basically I used a course grinding head to start with (you need to be aggressive), then polished it out with 3 different waxes. Its a long process but rewarding. It's easy to clean. I just use meguires chrome polish from time to time. Doesn't go rusty.. I wouldn't dream of doing the plenum with a dremel, it will take you forever.Get in contact with mopedmark or Wasso. They both do a great job and its not expensive. I sold my Rare JDM harness cover to Dunks but I think Octet can get them for you. The ARC V2 oil catch can went out of production. I brought mine from a my350z.com forum member in Texas but paid nearly £400 for it which is mad..

Make sure you post some photos.

My new look will still have some chrome but mixing it up a bit...

Edited by Payco

Hey guys, so i have decided how i want my bay to look, and it looks like its the same as most.

I wont be doing the intake myself but there are parts i cannot really get sent off to do, engine side under the cover behind the belts.

I could like to give that the mirror finish like most...... i'm curious to how.

Is this a case of different grades of sand paper?

tips appreciated guys :D

Seriously mate I know everyone likes to 'have a go' but seriously the time and equipment Wasso and Mark have to use just makes it a no brainier to give it to them.

I managed a half decent job on my old plenum.......it took me about 16 hours and about 40 quid of consumables plus a new dremel!

Oh no don't get me wrong... the things i can remove i will be sending to them that's a given, its more the side of the engine behind the pulleys that ill do myself, things like the intake and bonnet catch, ill have them sent off to the pro's B)