Set up ecommerce website, easy???

Zedrush

How easy is it to learn how to set up an ecommerce website after having bought the domain names. What are the steps to take and areas to ensure. I can design pages but need to make them functional. :surrender:

Help...any advice would be great, or software I should buy,

I have a mac

need it to be uploaded quick to so Im guessing best to put images if any in gif format than jpeg

If you need this quick then I'd suggest buying something off the shelf or finding an online host that provides ecommerce templates. Plenty of php based online systems available that will provide paypal as well as credit card facilities. You just have to customize the front end and upload your products to the backend database.

If you need this quick then I'd suggest buying something off the shelf or finding an online host that provides ecommerce templates. Plenty of php based online systems available that will provide paypal as well as credit card facilities. You just have to customize the front end and upload your products to the backend database.

sweet sorry to be a pain any recommendations who to go with?

Find a site you like or use regularly to order stuff from. Have a look at the bottom of the page. There is likely to be a product name or provider if the complete site is hosted by one of those companies I mentioned.

Ordered stuff from these guys two days ago. www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Had no problems ordering from them. Was no option to pay through paypal.

Quick look at the code reveals it's using this www.cubecart.com

Guy

I use http://www.romancart.com/, it`s superb and pretty easy to configure, it allows the use of Paypal in a far more usable way than Paypal`s own cart, and it still allows payment to be made the old fashioned way, cheque, Cash , bank transfer etc.

Have a look through my website, I don`t mind if you create some false orders so you can see how it works, just don`t use credit card or I will leave the country. :lol::lol:

Oh, I forgot to mention, no special knowledge needed, so long as you know where to paste your html code, and it sound like you do.

Need any more info, let me know. :thumbs:

I use http://www.romancart.com/, it`s superb and pretty easy to configure, it allows the use of Paypal in a far more usable way than Paypal`s own cart, and it still allows payment to be made the old fashioned way, cheque, Cash , bank transfer etc.

Have a look through my website, I don`t mind if you create some false orders so you can see how it works, just don`t use credit card or I will leave the country. :lol::lol:

Oh, I forgot to mention, no special knowledge needed, so long as you know where to paste your html code, and it sound like you do.

Need any more info, let me know. :thumbs:

cheers all,thanks so much :thumbs: