HR Clutch/Flywheel replacement cost

Boulderman1988

Hi chaps/chapesses,

I'm after any knowledge people have on cutch and flywheel replacement on an 08 HR 350z. The car is up on ramps at the moment and I just wanted to know if anyone knows somewhere I can get them cheaper as I saw a post from ZMANALEX in 2012 quoting around £750 for both but I believe he is no longer trading? Cougar store have quoted around £1300 for aftermarket option. Definitely not up for paying close to £2000 for OEM replacement - seems ridiculous!

Cheers

Matt

Ah right I see cheers bud. Yeah chatted to them yesterday as it happens - erring towards their extreme clutch kit as its much cheaper than standard and supposedly quite a bit better. Also good that it comes with csc and everything else that might go pop at some point so can sort all potential problems in one fell swoop...

Aftermarket ones are usually cheaper as they come with a single mass flywheel which has many benefits but it does make your car sound like a bag of spanners on idle.

If your happy with this then I am sure you will love it :)

I installed the Xtreme clutch kit on my 07 HR a few weeks ago and I'm xtremely :doh: happy with it. There will be additional noise if you install anything other than the Nissan stock DMF, but for me, the performance increase far outweighs the negatives (and I'm fussy about noises from my car!).

From my own experience, I'd recommend the Xtreme kit as it comes with an uprated CSC. Also replace the rubber pipe that runs down in front of the exhaust with a braided one. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just spoke to my garage who have fitted the extreme clutch and light weight flywheel today and he is very impressed with this set up, however mine is for the 350z. Picking it up tomorrow for its first run but from previous conversations on here they are very favourable with this Australian kit. My mechanic, a Nissan trained man was very pleasantly surprised with this set up and the ease that it was to fit it.

• Like 1