Very bad rear wheel bearing!

S4MAA

Not had a very good week with my Zed but ill get straight to the point.

My rear wheel bearing is very bad, it has alot of play. I have ordered some bearings to do both rears (which i collect today), but it is worth changing the hubs too? Has anyone else ever changed the hub or has everyone just had the new bearing pressed onto the old hub? Anyone ever pressed an old bearing off to find a damaged hub? I dont want to spend more money if i dont have to as my zed is bleeding me dry this month!

The other unlucky things that have happened this week.

I had a blow out on the front right wheel at high speed - think ive just about stopped shaking 5 days later - 2 new tyres needed £££

Went to change my brake fluid.. a nipple snapped off in my rear brembo - luckily its not leaking so thats another job to sort out. Hopefully i can use some kind of extractor and not have to change the caliper! £££

Came to fit my front EBC disks and pads, went to take the wheel spacer off and the last nut rounded!! Been to get a nut remover, but does anyone know where i can buy wheel spacer bolts from, or if anyone has any lying around i could buy? ££

Everything always happens at once!

Quite acceptable to just replace the bearing assembly however if the bearing splits when pressing off then you will have to remove the inner bearing runner which will be stuck tight on the hub sleeve.

As regards damage to the sleeve, you will not know this until you have it all stripped down.

New hubs/sleeves are not cheap.

I think that Nissan dealerships will now only replace both units to avoid any aggro.

Alex. :)

Thanks guys!

I ordered 2 hub assembly's from a car spares shop a friend of mine works at (mates rates).... but the donut ordered the fronts!! I think he owes me a pint or two now!

Gets slightly worse as he is only able order the rear bearings but is completely unable to source the rear hubs! Not good!

I paid £115ish for 2 rear bearings manufactured by Bilstein.

Nissan wanted £199 per hub.... no chance! So i searched around with the part number which i can now remember off the top of my head - 43202ag000 incase anyone else needs it.

Found a company called Febest who sell them just under £50 each, and they sell them through amazon! Did a little look into the company and they manufacture OEM Japanese car spares, along with Korean, European and American parts.

Ordered 2 on the weekend, and the delivery date is between the 13th of May, and the 3rd of June - i guess i might have to wait a while before i can fix my baby!!

Got my rounded nut off with a removal tool, fitted my disks and pads - happy days, and ive just received some new spacer nuts from driftworks.

Slowly getting there, just need to get some overtime in at work and get 2 new tyres ordered!

Good job i love my Zed!!

Edited by S4MAA