Fuel protests on the way ??.......

NismoDave

In a way its naive to protest.

Ok, there is a lot of taxes on fuel, but the problem is way bigger.

"Developing" countries (read, places where you can still exploit people without being hassled with social legislation... ) like India and China are demanding more and more petrol/steel/..., and this wasnt the case 5-10 years ago. So more demand for the same product .... what are we going to do about that? There is only 1 solution, that is to find solutions to decrease our dependence on petrol. If you think about it it is just hallucinating, our entire society is built around it .... So what will we do when there is none left? :headhurt:

If you look at the way fuel is going up and the amount of it around is fast going down, the economic papers, etc floating around are not far wrong when they say start getting ready to live in a $300 a barrel world :wacko:

I'm all for doing my green bit (5k in a year in the Z if i'm lucky), but pricing people of the roads is not the answer, but something has to be done about cars and what they run on and fast i guess.

The funny thing is that planes have to run on petrol (well aviation fuel, but you know what i mean) and though cars can run on other fuels, planes as yet cannot, the world is going to get bigger pretty quick once you can't just hop on a plane anymore :scare:

Refineries petrol prices are broadly governed by the price of crude that they buy. The goverment on the other hand are in a win win situation. With the current price of crude the government have made more revenue from the North Sea oil. They could ( :lol: ) slash 9p off a litre with this money.

Like thats going to happen :rant: