Crunch Time

Alex

Hey guys, thats me almost at the stage of getting the nissan, going to go via dealship and not private anymore.

i was determined for the Kuro Black with Alezan leather... but now im not so sure, im really considering the gun metal grey with black leather.

regards to rarities around where i am 350z are rare in general so the fact that (in my opinion) i would say the gun metal is a lightly more popular colour that does not bother me.

what do you guys think i should get, i really am not sure now? but it would only be these two options and not any other colours and combinations.

comments are appreciated, and what do you guys have B)

You should go for what you really want. Its you car and it'll be you enjoying it. :D

Post up some piccies when you bought it. :thumbs:

I nearly went for a gun metal too. Think its a good colour to hide any stone ships but in the end went for azure. Love the colour and it looks shinier compared to GM.

Kuro looks the best - *when* it's waxed and polished :)

I don't mind GM actually, it was my second colour choice. I think the GM looks good and matches the door handles better than any other shade...

If you were after rarity then Chili would be the way to go anyway!

Guest prescience

I agree with the above (I have GM) but Kuro when spotless looks great but does seem to suffer badly when not 100% clean and all those swirl marks :dry:

I'm glad someone has made the remark about the door handles - they look all wrong on certain colours IMHO but great on GM.

Agree with the above - black looks stunning when clean and waxed up. But is a bugger to keep it that way for long.

The lighter colours never seem to have that deep shine, but they have the advantage when it comes to not showing the stone chips.

Mine is only a few months old, has less than 4,000 on the clock and the stone chips on the front are already annoying me.

You have to go for the colour that you like though, there is no point in going for a colour you arent very comfortable with just for the sake of a few marks, or because it may not shine as well as the others..

Whichever you go for, its a Z, and that will be enough to draw the admiring glances, no matter what colour it is.

Washed and waxed my sunset yesterday and it started to snow :rant: have to start again with the polishing tonite! :angry:

Getting back to the point - sunset with the alezan leather is my choice, although underated, and they complement each other very well!!!

I'm glad someone has made the remark about the door handles - they look all wrong on certain colours IMHO but great on GM.

I spotted that in the postcard pack you get from Nissan with nice glossy images of the Zed on them. GM with the aluminium looks B)

i know its real difficult, but like M13KYF saide, an di think deep down i really would slightly prefer the black, regards to cleaning i will be doin git every second day tryinb gto pimp it at the local jetwash :thumbs: lol.

what do you guys think of this?

http://www.volkspart.co.uk/

i was really considering something like this for the z to avoid things like stone chips. Would it be worth while because i think for the front bumper area its costs around 200-400 if i can remember correctly.

a while ago some lowlife keyed me bonnet,a 4" deep scratch, a local bodyshop said they would spray the bonnet and blow in the wings n bumper for £200, not sure if this helps or not :)

haven't had it done yet coz i'm waiting till the stonechipping is really bad on the bumper then i'll have that done as well :)

I bought mine back in September. Origonaly wanted a black one with black leather. Only when I actually saw the Gunmetal did I acctually decide that was the one. :teeth:

Also I was dead set against the alzan interior. Then found a nice gunmetal with the alzan at a great price, with the thought of just retrimming.

After a few days the alzan really grew on me, now I think it complements the car really well and when I see a black interior it seems a little ordinary. :thumbs:

All about personal taste, as im always having the argument with my best mate (scobby driver).

Hi Alex,

Kuro and Alezan was my first choice too, until I saw my GM with Alezan! Kuro is the bomb when it's really polished but its a b*tch to keep clean and therefore looking its best. In the end I got the GM with Alezan and I think it's the classiest, not to mention easy to keep looking clean and tidy. Just my opinion but I guess thats what you are looking for...

Regardless you'll love whatever colour you choose... the car is sooo sweet!

see that was another disadvantage of the kuro was about having to constantly clean it to get it looking its best, and through the nissan dealership they seen to have a better selection and therefore better deals on the GM than kuro :wacko: so its still a tough one, cause there is one local with the GT pack + RAYS and in GM and cannot stress hwo nice i think it looks. That infact was my influence on GM aswell as Kuro. thanks for the replys too guys! :teeth: