Excellent - i have clicking rear axles!!

marzman

hi all...

well it didnt take long for something to go wrong, i got this car less than 2 weeks ago and the clicking rear axles has just started yesterday and today... with today being significantly worse.

At first i didnt think it was clicking - it sounds more like a loud creaking noise, but then with the window down it was definitely a clicking.

It appears to be worse on the left rear than the right...

Anyway, i cant afford to do anything about it for a good 8 months or so.... im all spent up after buying it, and now having to pay £2500 a year to insure it.

Any ideas what it'll cost at a local mechanic?? I will NEVER EVER take my car to a main dealership, regardless of the problem. I've had 2 family members and a work colleague in the last 3 months take their cars to dealers, and then they get a call saying 'we've just found this is wrong' or 'this broke while servicing', and they've all had over £1400 bills at the end of it. Theiving scum. (this was Vauxhall, Ford, and Toyota).

From reading other posts i take it this doesnt cause any longterm damage (that we know about), at lease i hope not cos im gonna have it for a while!!!!

Just a bit pi**ed though you know... like the garage i bought it from greased it up to mask it, for it to suddenly become so bad? Or maybe i've got used to the car now, and am driving a little slower, so i can actually hear other things besides the roar of the engine?! i dont know.

:angry:

i meant they probably greased it up so a prospective buyer wouldnt hear it until a few weeks later... and the 3 month warranty only covers engine and gearbox i think... :-(

Plus its a 150 mile round trip to the place i bought it from!

Ahh well...

surely this "sales of goods" act entitles you to a vehicle in good condition.

Considering this clicking axle thingy is a know concern, with a technical bulletin issued by Nissan themselves should grant you enough evidence to put a claim to the dealer who sold you a car with a concern... even if it is to negotiate and say you will go halves in the repair costs at a local nissan dealer...

Mate try ringing Nissan customer services.i had the same problem with mine.i bought my car private and the car was out of warranty as it was over 3 years old.Nissan agreed that it was a commen problem on these cars.they agreed to pay 60% towards the cost to replace these parts and labour on both sides.at the end i only paid around £200 they paid the rest.Nissan normaly charge around £700 to replace these parts both sides inc labour and vat.

You should be able to take it to any dealer, right? Save you a 150 mile trip.

I had the same problem and took it to the dealer I bought it from (West London Nissan, Shepperton) and they put a call in to Nissan, then told me they were replacing both CV joints, and I've never had any bother since.

They also replaced the CD player too (it was sticking) - which has gone wonky again (CDs jammed in it!).

The only solution is to replace CV joints.

If you won't take it to a main dealer then you may well be making a rod for your own back. This is part of a TSB for Nissan in the UK and the dealers know the problem well. If you need a service and asked them to look at it, they may well take them out, regrease them and turn them, which will at least offer a short term fix while you save.

IMO, you don't have to replace everything, if it has just started then re-seating the axle can resolve the issue.

If you're not going to a main dealer, good luck finding an experienced independent to fix it. :blush:

If you won't take it to a main dealer then you may well be making a rod for your own back. This is part of a TSB for Nissan in the UK and the dealers know the problem well. If you need a service and asked them to look at it, they may well take them out, regrease them and turn them, which will at least offer a short term fix while you save.

IMO, you don't have to replace everything, if it has just started then re-seating the axle can resolve the issue.

If you're not going to a main dealer, good luck finding an experienced independent to fix it. :blush:

I would of thought the dealer wouldn't touch it with it being a import unless you paid TBO

I would of thought the dealer wouldn't touch it with it being a import unless you paid TBO

That's what I mean by getting it serviced at one. Surely they would work on one, they're all made in the same place. :headhurt:

I pay £2500 too! all worth it!! :teeth:

also i have this clicking axel problem, is it a no no if you leave it for a few months... i think im in the early stages of the clickin axel problem..

Car is also over 3 years old and bought it privately.. :(

Are you 17???????????? My Lambo costs less than that :scare::D

Congratulations, welcome to the clicking axle club :rant:

Your's started again fella?

Mine has too, don't accept the turn & regrease anyone - I did and it's started up again. Can't remember exactly when it was done but it's probably 30k miles ago.

Congratulations, welcome to the clicking axle club :rant:

Your's started again fella?

Mine has too, don't accept the turn & regrease anyone - I did and it's started up again. Can't remember exactly when it was done but it's probably 30k miles ago.

Mine does it and as only 10.5k on the clock :dry:

Yep, I'm almost certain that's around when mine first started mate, then got "fixed".

Going to take it to Holdcrofts this week to get it booked in. To be honest i have put it off until the winter came anyhow when i dont use the zed much. But going to demand the proper fix. :thumbs:

Yep, I'm almost certain that's around when mine first started mate, then got "fixed".

got fixed................ :lol:

got dun more like...... :dry:

Luckily under warranty mate, but it's started again right before the warranty has run out (again luckily). If I was more cynical I may be inclined to think that Nissan were just hoping that it would get them out of the warranty period.