Invidia Gemini leak from slip joint.

nrenz123

Just had one of these fitted, its the newer version with the slip joint instead of the flexi pipe.

I seem to be having issues with leaks from the slip joints and a rattle from the driver's side silencer on the Y pipe.

Has anyone had similar issues?

The car also feels a little down on torque, possible due to the leak?

https://www.youtube....h?v=M03bf-xNa-Y

TvzeS2d.jpg?1

Edited by nrenz123

Mine's a 350 but I do have the Invidia Gemini on mine with the same slip joints as yours. Never had an issue with mine.

Either it's a tolerance issue from manufacturer or you just need to leave it a bit longer to coke up maybe. :shrug:

The rattle on the Y-pipe silencer is that inside or is it hitting/rubbing somewhere?

Obviously the latter will just need some adjustment but if it's the former then you need to contact who you bought the exhaust system from to inform them you may have a problem (might have to return it for exchange).

Edited by GMballistic

Cheers for the reply,

The rattle is on the inside of the silencer, so possibly look at getting it replaced.

No problem and yes I think you should be looking at getting it replaced if the rattle is inside. Could be a weld has broken & the baffling is loose inside hence causing the rattle.

If it's from one of the traders on here then I can't see it being a problem getting it sorted. ;)

While awaiting Invidia to reply, I've listened to that video several times, sounds like normal rasp to me.

As for the leak, Nath says the garage that fitted the exhaust swapped the left with right pipes in the Y section. Has anyone else did the same with their Invidia exhausts?

• 1 year later...

I seem to have a rattle as the revs are on the way down between 2k and 1.5k. I think its 1 of the mid silencer bafflers. May try deleting these to see if it disappears. Ive seen theres a german seller on ebay selling a set for £300 specific to the invidia. Do you think its worth it or shall i just go to a custom fabricator and have one made up?