Dangers of cheap tyres

chrisday1990

Make sure you look up openeo for tyres as I keep advising. Almost unbeatable for prices..

The £110 Hankooks on Black Circles seemed the ticket, but that's a lot per tyre :lol:

if you think £110 a tyre is a lot, be thankful you don't drive around in a bog standard modern car with ginormous runflat wheels, which can easily be twice that.

Hankook V12s are pretty decent, had them on the front of my zed for the past few years, no problems with levels of grip in dry or wet conditions, and still have plenty of tread despite having done 15,000 miles or so. i'd avoid Hankook S1 Evo2s, the grip is fine but the sidewalls seem quite soft, make the rear wobble around a bit more than the old Falkens did.

i'd like someone to try the new bridgestone tyre (Potenza S001) on a zed, since the standard tyres have always been bridgestones and the sidewalls on bridgestones seem to be a bit stiffer which might suit the heavy zed with relatively tall 45 profile sidewalls. £105 for fronts and £114 for rears on tyreleader currently.

Edited by brillomaster

Hey, how's it going?

I'm a bit more prepared for the next one now, decent brake and clutch fluid, new tyres, and soon ill be sticking in some DS2500 pads to replace the OEM's.

Should be good, can't be any worse than those knackard Toyos!!

Yeah good thanks.

Looks like you will be having a bit more fun this time! Enjoy the trackday!